Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Phone Menus Stopped Working

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • #67074

    Hi Folks,

    I used my phone to access my site today for the first time in a while, and found to my surprise that the top menus were not working.

    I tried a couple of browsers and the results are the same. Nothing happens when “Resources” or “Articles” is pressed.

    I came to my desktop and found all is working well.

    I have not made and changed to settings in a long while, so have no idea what has caused this issue.

    Any suggestions as to what is happening?

    The site address: https://www.hiskingdomprophecy.com/

    The screen capture below shows the 2x top menus – “Resources” & “Articles”

    Regards and thanks,


    The browser console shows that the scripts on your site are broken

    (index):1 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at (index):1
    (index):2 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at (index):2
    (index):5 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at (index):5

    Make sure you have updated to the latest of everything (including WP)

    Make sur you are not using any optimization plugin (like the option in jetpack or other), as these usually break the theme.



    Thank you.

    Yes, it was a plugin called: Fast Velocity Minify

    Disabling that solved the issues – but adds to the load time.

    I guess I now need to spend some time on the settings, or find a new simple plugin  🙂

    Regards and thanks,




    Any minify or optimizer is likely to break things. Weaver already minifies and optimize CSS and script, and it has several scripts that must be run in very specific order. Any compacting of that will likely break things.

    Figure out what part need improvement other than CSS and script and then look for a solution there


    And most script “optimizers” allow you to not include specified scripts / css files. Search your page HTML source for .js and .css to identify files that are loaded from /weaver-xtreme and exclude those.


    @weaver  @scrambler

    Thank you kindly for your advice!

    I have managed to work it out on Fast Velocity Minify and all is working better than before.

    I realised from your comments that I could group data files into 3 source categories, and that cut down on the number of options to test.

    When that was done, on the final speed test I found a suggestion about “configuring eTags”.  After doing that there was a noticeable further speed increase.

    Regards and thanks,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.