Home Forums Turnkey bbPress by WeaverTheme Pack a forum design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KJNOL
    Participant

Where can I see more sad packages to download for your plugin?

Weaver
    Keymaster

?? “sad packages” ??? what do you mean.

But, there are no extensions or other theme designs available – just what is included in the plugin.

It is not overly difficult to take the base bbPress style file and customize it, but it requires CSS knowledge. There is an option in the Save Theme and Styles panel that allows you to specify a totally custom CSS file to style the bbPress installation.

KJNOL
    Participant

How do I find out how to change my forum design method?
    Do you have any prepared instructions in the case?

Weaver
    Keymaster

The reason Weaver for bbPress was created is because it is relatively difficult to change the design of how your bbPress site is displayed.

The other reason was to make a number of administrative activities and user options easier to deal with.

But my previous answer has the only available answer to your question: if you need a highly customized version of your forum, then you will need to have enough CSS knowledge to get in and edit either the default bbPress style file, or one of the Weaver for bbPress style files.

This is not easy – you literally have to start with an existing style file and understand the CSS well enough to tweak it. And, this of course requires the ability to view the HTML output of bbPress to see which classes are used on which parts of the layout. You really can’t just read the .css style file. Not easy, but not overly hard with the ability to understand CSS and the HTML layout of a forum and associated classes.

I don’t think there are any existing tutorials or other information related to bbPress to tell you how to do that step by step. There might be some information, but I’ve not looked in a while.

If bbPress has a weakness, it is that it has a very sparse, minimal design – which makes it fast and reliable, but requires at the least a pretty good understanding of CSS, and at an even higher level, and understand of PHP and the general functionality of WordPress actions and filters. Until Weaver for bbPress, it has been very hard to get a nice customized bbPress forum without custom CSS and likely PHP.

So to summarize – you will have to understand CSS and the core bbPress bbpress.css file (wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/css/bbpress.css) and start from there. You can also start from bbPress for Weaver’s style files: wp-content/plugins/weaver-for-bbpress/templates/css/. If you know sccs, then there are some .sccs files that can make it a bit easier. But we really can’t provide much help – you have to understand sccs, and certainly css.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.