Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Header & slider disappeared after inserting Elementor footer

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

stlane
    Participant

After I made a footer in Elementor and inserted it, the top menu and header I previously made with Xtreme Plus, along with the Master slider in the content area have disappeared. https://www.yanawanaherbolarios.org/

Also, the background color throughout the site, except on the homepage, has changed from #EFEFEF.

Can anyone advise? I’ve already purged the cache. One of the things Elemenator documentation says to do is start deactivating plugins so I guess I’ll start with that.  https://docs.elementor.com/article/189-having-problems-using-elementor-start-here

Elementor documentation also says to, “Change your WordPress theme to WordPress TwentySixteen (or other default WordPress theme).” I’m using Transparent Light Full subtheme. If I have to resort to this, I presume beforehand, I should save and back up everything I can in Save/Restore? https://www.yanawanaherbolarios.org/wp-admin/themes.php?page=WeaverX

scrambler

@weaver will have to look into this one, but you may want to give more details on how you inserted your Elementor elements.

All your weaver containers are gone no wrapper no header, no footer, no container.

So either you selected an option that is meant to replace weaver elements by mistake, or there is a glitch in the integration.

Also make sure you clear all your caches

Weaver
    Keymaster

I have not tested Weaver Xtreme and Elementor if you use the “native” Elementor Header/Footer replacement.

But all of the content is Elementor generated, so I don’t know what you did to make that happen.

Weaver Xtreme supports replacing the entire header (but retains the menus) or the entire footer with any Elementor created post or page from the Customizer (NOT the legacy interface). This is under the Page Builders menu on the Customizer.

I believer Elementor also allows you to replace the header/footer, but I have not tried that.

Maureen
    Participant

I am looking at the site on Firefox and I think it looks fine to me.

scrambler

It does now, so he must have found the issue or reverted back

stlane
    Participant

Thanks to all for your help. As Scrambler wrote, “weaver containers are gone no wrapper no header, no footer, no container”, so I built a new footer and rebuilt the header in Elementor. https://www.yanawanaherbolarios.org

However, I’m still having some issues so I’ll create another thread. Thanks again!

scrambler

So rather than figuring out what caused all the weaver container to disappear, you just recreated them with Elementor?

If so this means you may still have a major problem underneath all this.

stlane
    Participant

BTW, this is just FYI, and perhaps doesn’t matter or is helpful, but in Elementor when I was creating the Header and adding a menu, under Elements>WordPress>  from the list of widgets I tried using the Wvr X-Plus Menus widget when I added it to the Header, was able to drag over the widget, the menu appeared with correct font family and colors from Xtreme but there were no options to change/control the size of the font in Elementor and when published the font was too small and couldn’t be changed, or I presume pulled in from Xtreme so I just used the Elementor “Nav Menu” widget that worked fine.

This is the short code that was automatically generated. [widget id=”weaverxplus_nav_menu-REPLACE_TO_ID”]

Like I wrote, I don’t know if this is helpful information but thought I’d pass it along just in case. I’ve used Weaver since about 2010 and have always liked the CMS and support that came with it.

stlane
    Participant

Yes, that’s correct, I thought it was simply just gone. I had no idea what caused the weaver container to disappear and have no skills or time to figure it out. I figured I had lost all the work I’d spent on the header/menu in Weaver before deciding to go with Elementor and chalked it up to experience and was moving on.

Thanks for your help. I certainly appreciated it if you can please advise. I was up until 3am last night working but, hey I’m game if that’s what it takes to get the job done.

scrambler

I doubt the work you did in weaver for your header is lost. If you would deactivate Elementor , it would most likely be back.

If that is the case it would take undoing all your Elementor work until the weaver containers are back, and redoing them step by step to find out what step causes the disappearance.

Once you know what step in Elementor makes the Weaver Containers disappear, Elementor and Weaver may be able to elucidate the issue, but I cant 🙂

stlane
    Participant

Okay, to do this, what steps do you advise to do first and would be the safest way to not lose work I’ve done? Simply deactivate Elementor?

And/or, since the header and footer are two different documents under Elementor>My Templates that have been created like pages. I can trash and/or export them, and then republish the homepage?

And, should I also, and when should I, save and download Current theme backup settings in Xtreme Admin>Save/Restore?

Thank you!

scrambler

I have no idea how you can backup elementor stuff, so that is something to check with them.

Normally deactivating a plugin and reactivating it should get you back where you were, but again, I do not know Elementor, so you need to check that it is the case for them.

As a manner of global safety, you should use your host Cpanel to create a complete backup of your site, so that if anything was to happen you could just restore it as it was.

Once you know how Elementor behaves when you deactivate / reactivate, you could do the following.

First just deactivate Elementor and see if your weaver header comes back.

If it does, you could reactivate elementor, and try removing the latest elements you created one by one until you get to where you were before the issue arose.

If you do get there, try recreating your last elementor element proceeding one step at a time and checking every step of the way to find out when exactly the weaver elements disappear.

stlane
    Participant

If we’re just trying to determine when the Weaver elements disappeared, it was after I inserted the footer. I’ll get back to this tomorrow morning. If there are any suggestions in the meantime please send along. Thanks much.

scrambler

Then try removing the Elementor footer, see if the weaver elements come back, and if they do, retrace the footer creation steps one by one and see if a specific one causes the issue again.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.