Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Xtreme with SiteOrigin and Blank Space

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nstratman
    Participant

I’m building a small site using Xtreme with SiteOrigin page builder. I appreciate the WP Gutenberg editor is work in progress, but for me as a small scale amateur developer SO is miles simpler to use and to be productive. When i first came across SO, probably 3 or 4 years ago, I liked the development process but it resulted in large areas of blanks space all over the place. At that time the response to the general level of complaint was extra CSS or it must be theme related.

Moving forward to today, I see that SO rows and widgets both include padding and margin settings to give greater control over layout. However the content on the site I’m working on still has a lot of unwanted space, even though all my top and bottom padding and margins are set to zero wherever I can find them. Looking on the SO forum I can’t find anything definitive. Either the posts are old or again the response seems to be the issue must be theme related.

I’m not expecting you to solve what might be an SO problem for me; I’d just appreciate knowing if any of the blank space in the links below come from Xtreme and if there is realistically anything that I, with a basic knowledge of CSS can do?

The footer on the site shows the problem, but the same holds for areas on most pages – here’s the homepage including the footer: https://www.lavenhamliteraryfestival.co.uk/lcbf-home-page

There’s a big gap at the top of the footer and some at the bottom. The footer has a single SO row with 3 columns.

Thanks for your help.

scrambler

We are always happy to identify the source of the issue as it can definitely be a combination of things.

The space at the top of the Footer comes from a theme padding setting

You have some padding set for the individual widgets in Xtreme (5px at the bottom and 20px at the top) so you can use the theme individual widget setting to reduce or remove that.

After removing that if you still have other unexplained spaces, be specific

nstratman
    Participant

Thank you that’s v helpful. I was spending all my Xtreme effort in the Footer Settings and I forgot there is an individual widget settings area in Layout. I’ve knocked back the top to 5 and the bottom to zero and it looks much better.

Since we are to some extent still adding and shifting content I’ll not address any in page queries until the pages are near to being finalised.

Thanks as always for your prompt help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.