Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Xtreme version menus

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 4 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

swmagic999
    Participant

Is there a utility to converrt the menu? The original is at http://chea-elks.org (pro). The Xtreme version with messed up menus is http://chea-elks.org/dev2.  Am I missing something simple?

scrambler

Menus if created with WordPress Custom Menu (as they should) are done by WordPress, so the first thing to do is to go to Appearance > Menus, and review your various custom menus to see what is there.

If the items listed in there are wrong, then something happened in WordPress during the conversion, and you need to edit / recreate the custom menus

scrambler

Now looking closer, the top menu in Weaver II pro was done with an extra menu inserted in an HTML Insertion area.

On the Xtreme site, the top menu is using the standard secondary menu, so clearly it does not correspond to the Extra menu done in Pro.

Not sure why you used an extra menu in pro, it seems using the secondary menu should work just fine, in which case you need to see if the Custom menu that was used by pro is still in Appearance > Menu, if so you can just allocate it to the secondary menu.

If the menu itself is not there, you need to recreate the menu and assign it to the secondary menu.

swmagic999
    Participant

Thanks.  I created a new Tolp Menu and that goes above the menu but it’s still expanded and not forming submenus.  Why?

scrambler

It appears your menu has been allocated to the mini menu, not the secondary menu

As for submenus, that is something you do in Appearance > menus, you have to organize your menu items hierarchicly

swmagic999
    Participant

Thanks.  I think I’ve got it all.

swmagic999
    Participant

Where is the space occuring below the bottom menu? I wish to remove it and I thought it was the info bar but I already removed the info bar and the space remains

swmagic999
    Participant

Err..l think I lost it.  How do I shrink to menu under the header?  It’s the right menu but too big.

scrambler

You have a 1em top and bottom padding on the menu bar.

The settings is in Main options > Menus > Primary Menu bar > Desktop menu bar padding

swmagic999
    Participant

How do I shrink to menu under the header?  It’s the right menu but too big.

scrambler

This is your secondary menu. You can use the secondary menu font size option to make items smaller

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.