Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Xtreme Plus Accordion Style primary Menu

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    karen
    Participant

I have been working with a test site for a while and began working on trying to set up the accordion style menu for the Primary Menu. 

I have put the following into the Main Options:Menus:Left Html ? 
    Please correct me if I have this wrong. 

[extra_menu menu_name='accordeon' menu_style='primary' menu_type='accordion']
    thanks as always for your help. 
    scrambler

Your shortcode has the right option, it basically says to display the custom menu named accordeon using the accordion type of menu and the primary menu style.

Now I am not sure what you wish to accomplish by putting a vertical menu in the horizontal menu bar as that seems like a very weird setup, making then menu bar very tall. It also may require some custom CSS for the menu add HTML.

You may want to clarify what issue you are having and what functionality / look you are after along with a link to the site

Weaver
    Keymaster

I really don’t think this is a good design idea, and there are very likely to be other issues trying to nest one menu inside another.

If this idea worked, I do believe you would do nothing other than confuse your visitors with a non-standard menu layout.

karen
    Participant

I guess I did it all wrong. I only want to see the accordion menu in action. Is it not made for the primary menu? How would I accomplish it if it is? thanks

scrambler

You need to better describe the layout you are looking for and you MUST provide a link to you site for these questions so we can visualize you site structure

You can hide the primary menu bar using the hide option found in Main Options > Menus > Primary menu bar settings, then you can insert your accordion menu anywhere you like using one of the HTML insterion areas or the header widget area.

To advise you further on the location we need to see the site and have specifics about the layout you are trying to achieve.

Weaver
    Keymaster

If you just want to see the accordion menu in action, create a custom menu with its contents, and then use the X-Plus Menus widget to add one to any widget area on your site.

karen
    Participant

I just wanted to make an accordion menu my primary. I think I can use Uber Menu. thanks

scrambler

I don’t see why you would bother with something else when the extra menu shortcode can do that, but OK 🙂

karen
    Participant

Because I don’t have anything you can LOOK at and I don’t understand the instructions. I can understand UberMenus Instructions. 

It sounds very simple to me. How do I create an accordion menu for the primary menu position? 
    scrambler

Two ways.

Hide the primary menu bar with Main Options > menus > Primary Menu bar > Hide Area options

Insert the Extra menu Shortcode in Main Options > Header > Header HTML > Header HTML Content box

If you have “Plus” you can alternatively insert the Extra menu shortcode in Advanced Options > HTML Insertion > Post Header OR COntaoner Top boxes

karen
    Participant

thanks, I will give all your suggestions a try. 

scrambler

Post back with a link if it needs tweaking

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.