Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Xtreme duplicate H1 tags

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

barbeluk1
    Participant

Hi there,

We do SEO for some of our clients and all our Xtreme sites are getting flagged by our SEO reporting software as having duplicate H1 tags. When you look at the source for a page, it looks as though Xtreme puts the site title and tagline in an H1 tagl:

eg:

<h1 id=”site-title” class=”hide font-inherit”>Nick Irelan-Hill Painter &amp; Decorator in Chippenham</h1>

Is there any way around this please? Other themes we use don’t do this. Ideally we’ll be able to set unique H1 tags for each page.

Many thanks,

Andy

scrambler

The h1 polemic has been discussed to death (search the forum)

Final words, this is not a legitimate concern and should be ignored

barbeluk1
    Participant

The discussions where this has been done to death date back over the passed few years…things change and evolve in the SEO world as we all know.  Could it be that duplicate H1 tags are an issue now when they possibly weren’t? I’m inclined to trust a report coming from a dedicated ‘premium’ SEO tool. We’re working on trying to get our clients sites as technically sound as possible from an SEO perspective.

I appreciate a comment that Bruce makes on an earlier thread saying that updating the theme to change the way it puts the site title in H1 would potentially affect 10s of thousands of sites. Could you consider a checkbox that allows a user to take the H1 tag out if they want to?

If the subject keeps coming up then this could be a good solution??

Thanks,

Andy

scrambler

I will let @weaver comment if he deems necessary, but as far as I know things have not changed in the h1 regards.

Weaver
    Keymaster

There is nothing to be changed. As far as I know, the H1 thing is still a myth.

As recently as a year ago, a person of some note at Google said “Use as many H1 tags as you want”.

See: https://www.seroundtable.com/google-h1-tags-23699.html

While not all themes do this, Weaver Xtreme always wraps the site title in an H1. It also uses an H1 for the page title (but not blog pages).

But the Google response seems to be the ultimate answer, still.

And the current use complies with HTML5, which is nearly 100% used these days.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.