Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme WYSIWYG editor

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jamesjhoyt
    Participant

I need a WYSIWYG editor for Weaver Xtreme. Need to allow users to set some styles to their text. Any recommendations?

scrambler

If you mean would like to see the site updated in real time when you change a setting, WordPress does not allow that yet for advanced options like you have in Weaver Themes.

It is easy enough to open two browser pages, one with the Admin and one with the site, and as soon as you save your options in the admin page, you simply refresh the site page

Bobthearch
    Participant

Do you need a real-time on-screen editor?  A complete custom-page builder?  Or are you just looking for some additional text editing capabilities such as fonts?

Weaver
    Keymaster

As far as I know, there does not exist any true WP/Weaver compatible WYSIWYG Page/Post editor. You can only come close. Because of all sorts of things, not the least of which is that different browsers do not display things exactly the same, it is essentially currently impossible to have the page/post editor view correspond exactly to the final content on a browser.

BUT – if you just want more user styling options available such as font sizes, styles, and other things like that, the WP Edit plugin is probably the best available plugin.

Its defaults aren’t ideal to work with Weaver Xtreme, but a simple tweak of its font size options to use ems instead of pts makes it a perfect companion for Weaver Xtreme. It is highly recommended, and I’m thinking of adding it to the suggested plugins in the Weaver Xtreme plugin startup.

jamesjhoyt
    Participant

Thanks Weaver. That was the suggestion I needed. There are several to choose from and I just wanted to know which one worked best with Weaver Xtreme. By the way, I LOVE Weaver. This has made it possible to really work with WordPress.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.