Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Wrong colorset on live web-site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nowa
    Participant

Hello everybody

I switched form Weaver II to Weaver Xtreme and wanted to generate the same visual look and feel, as with Weaver II.

Within WordPress, when customise the settings, everything looks fine.

This is, how the site looks in WordPress:

This is, how the site looks within WordPress

And this is, what you can really see in the web:

What you really will see

Seems for me to be the default sceem.

Any idea, what I am doing wrong (Just in case: Off course, I clicked on “Publish” 🙂 )

Thanks in advanced

Norbert

Weaver
    Keymaster

We would need a link to your site to provide much help.

But, having the Customizer view being different than the actual side can happen for several reasons, the most common being caching issues – local browser caching, local WP site caching, host site caching, or external content caching server. All of these must be cleared to get the “real” view.

It can also happen if you don’t save the customizer settings, or even sometimes when the customizer view is open at the same time as the normal site view.

nowa
    Participant

Hello Weaver and thank you for your reply.

This is the URL: https://heimatverein-pfaffenrot.de

About your hints:

the most common being caching issues – local browser caching,

I use firefox in private mode to avoid this. In addition, I checked the site simultaniously with my smartphone and another computer

local WP site caching, host site caching, or external content caching server.

This could be. But as the result is even now, several hours later, the same, I guess, it is not the case

Especially, because changes on the site’s content will appear online.

It can also happen if you don’t save the customizer settings,

Yes, off course. The problem is mostly in front of the monitor 🙂

What I do is to click on “Publish” on the top (in German “Veröffentlichen”, see screenshots). I though that would do the job.

or even sometimes when the customizer view is open at the same time as the normal site view.

Could be, too. I checked the apperance now without being logged in in WordPress and the result was the same.

It seems to me, as are there (just my interpretation”) e.g. two sets of CSS. One for the designer, one for the real mode.

Could it be, that there is e.g. a rights issue? Could it be, that the designer is able to store his local CSS (or whatever file it may be), but not to really write the public CSS?

scrambler

Make sure you read the article below

Settings Won’t Save from Customizer – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

Do you use a cache plugin? If so clear there and deactivate.

Are you using any optimization plugin? If so deactivate that as they usually break the Theme CSS and JS. If you need it, you need to exclude all the theme files from the optimization.

When you publish (save) your settings, exit the customizer then go back in customizer, are the changes you made still there or they have reverted back to the old ones.

If you have installed the Xtreme Theme Support Plugin (which you should if not), go to Appearance > Xtreme Settings > Main Options, and save the settings there from any option page and see if that makes a difference.

nowa
    Participant

Hello Weaver,

first of all, please let me say, how much I appreciate your support.

Do you use a cache plugin? If so clear there and deactivate.

No, I don’t.

Are you using any optimization plugin? If so deactivate that as they usually break the Theme CSS and JS. If you need it, you need to exclude all the theme files from the optimization.

No, I don’t.

When you publish (save) your settings, exit the customizer then go back in customizer, are the changes you made still there or they have reverted back to the old ones.

That is an interesting point. Yes, all changes keep in the customizer, but the web-site keeps unchanged.

If you have installed the Xtreme Theme Support Plugin (which you should if not), go to Appearance > Xtreme Settings > Main Options, and save the settings there from any option page and see if that makes a difference.

OK, that changes the game. Whenever I change the settings not in the customizer, but in the Support Plugin, three things happend:

1. The changes applies to the customizer, too.
    2. The changes applies to the web-site itself
    3. No, changes I make in the customizer applies to the web-site as well.

As if there was something broken/deadlocked and became free with the way over the Support Plugin.

Again: Thank you very much. Now everything looks fine

Weaver
    Keymaster

This problem may be much deeper that I initially thought, but we’ve never seen anything like this before.

I am seeing some unexpected CSS in the theme generated CSS section of the output, perhaps related to Weaver Xtreme Plus.

This may be a result of converting from Weaver II Plus to Xtreme Plus.

Here are some suggestions:

1. Be sure you don’t have any Weaver II plugins active
    2. Save your theme settings to a file, zip that file, and email it to [email protected] so I can examine it.
    3. Copy/Paste the Your System and Configuration Info -> Theme Help tab from the Weaver Xtreme Admin panel (not customizer) and post the results back here.

But what I’m seeing in the generated HTML of your site suggests some issue with thinking the Customizer is active while generating the proper CSS code based on the settings for the non-customizer view. Ultimately I may need a full admin account to access your site to see what is happening.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.