Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme WP5.6 Some Other Issues

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hkp
    Participant

Hi Folks,

Just updated to WP 5.6 and have found a couple of issues on appearance of our Home Page at https://www.hiskingdomprophecy.com/

1.  On a phone screen – portrait mode – the ‘Site Title’ now splits.  I guess the font now being provided to the browsers is now larger than before.
    2. Our front page has 2x columns of posts titles, images and excerpts which used to display on a phone screen – portrait mode – as a 1x single column.  They are now displayed as a 2x columns, the setting as for larger screens.

Regards and thanks,

Angus

scrambler

It appears Wp 5.6 is breaking a number of javascript, @weaver is looking into it…

Weaver
    Keymaster

Can you reproduce the two column issue on a desktop by reducing the width? Or is it on real phones only?

Weaver
    Keymaster

How are you generating the posts on the home page? [show-posts]?

Are you sure you weren’t always seeing 2 columns on a phone. The Weave Xtreme CSS for 2 columns on a post intentionally leaves 2 columns on mobile devices as far as I can remember and tell from the existing CSS.

scrambler

@weaver,

I may be missing something, but I do not see the .is-desktop / .is-mobile / .is-phone / .is-tablet classes on the Body tag.

Am I dreaming or is that broken (which would explain many of the problems…

Weaver
    Keymaster

@hkp

If I look at the generated HTML on your site, that includes the custom CSS generated by Weaver for your settings. One of the generated rules is broken. An “@media” has been replaced with a simple “f”. This might explain the issues you’ve described on this thread.

This is a bit hard to see because of the compression you use on your site, but I used a tool to look at the output in a readable format.

There are two explanations I can think of for this:

1. The settings got corrupted.
    2. You compression plugin may have a problem with compressing a <style> section.

First, try saving your settings (either from the Customizer by changing some option – like check-uncheck an option) and publishing, or saving from the Legacy interface.

You could also try deactivating the compression plugin.

hkp
    Participant

Hi Each,

Thanks.  After your update of the Theme the problems are resolved.

Much appreciated.

Please see my small phone screen-capture links with descriptions FYI.

In reply to your question:

“Can you reproduce the two column issue on a desktop by reducing the width? Or is it on real phones only?”

Yes, it was showing on desktop F12 reduction.

Regards and thanks,
    Angus

1)   Page Title now Corrected

2) Front page – with 1x column of posts – portrait mode – small phone.

2) Front page – with 2x column of posts – landscape mode – small phone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.