Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme WP Retina 2x not playing nicely with Contact Form 7

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Decimus
    Participant

I know that you are keen for us to use WP Edit and WP Retina 2x, to enhance your Weaver Xtreme Theme experience.

I use Contact Form 7 Version 4.2 matched with Really Simple CAPTCHA Version 1.8.0.1

WP Retina 2x currently breaks Contact Form 7 Version 4.2 matched with Really Simple CAPTCHA Version 1.8.0.1

The advice from the developers of Contact Form 7 is to deactive WP Retina 2x.  In my case every time I tried to send a message from the contact form I would get an error message after pressing send:
    Your entered code is incorrect. (that’s refeing to the CAPTCHA)

Validation errors occurred. Please confirm the fields and submit it again.

http://www.bajanthings.com/contact-burts/

There are a lot of people raising this issue on the WP Contact Form 7 support page.

Weaver
    Keymaster

You should only need Retina 2x IF your site has and uses high resolution images. If you do go to the effort to create high resolution images, then Retina 2x is the best free plugin to support them. That plugin is highly rated at WP.org, and seems to work quite well.

I will see if I can make the recommendation wording more clear. Of the plugins recommended, only the Weaver Xtreme Theme Support plugin is really essential (for shortcode and per page/post options).

But thanks for reporting these issues – it might help other Weaver users.  As always with plugins (other than our own such as the theme support plugin), we can’t support other author’s plugins. It would be up to Retina 2x or Contact Form 7 or the captcha plugin to figure out the problem.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.