Home Forums Archived Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Pro WordPress dashboard menu not working properly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Swarlley
    Participant

Hey guys,

I don’t know if this is theme related or not but maybe you can help me out. In the admin section of my site the menu is going wonky almost every time I try to use it. I’ve attached an image to display this wonkiness.

Gillian

One of my Weaver II Pro sites is doing that as well, but other Weaver II Pro sites are okay – I suspect a plugin interaction problem.  I’m not planning on putting effort into diagnosing the issue at this stage because I’ll be transitioning the wonky site to Weaver Xtreme shortly.  I have found that refreshing the admin page helps.

barbeluk1
    Participant

I’ve noticed this this morning as well…

I’ve seen it on Weaver ProII AND Xtreme sites…
    Weaver
    Keymaster

I think it is a WP 4.3 issue. Doesn’t seem to matter what theme you use, or what browser. Gotta learn where the browser refresh button is :-(.

So far, I think 4.3 is close to a disaster for a WP major release. Lots and lots of issues – will crash or swamp some servers in some applications with cron bug. Has tons and tons of issues with plugins and themes now issuing all sorts of error messages (that most people won’t see because of wp-config.php settings). And apparently this dashboard menu issue.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Follow up:

While I’m pretty sure I duplicated this problem in Firefox, the consensus at WP and other web sources says it is a Chrome 45 issue, and to find this option in chrome:

chrome://flags/#disable-slimming-paint

And check the “enable” (that’s right: enable the disable option – a bit twisted….) I had to use the browser page serach to find that option: Disable Slimming Paint

Swarlley
    Participant

Thank you guys. That seems to have solved it weaver.

barbeluk1
    Participant

Thanks – looks like that sorted it for me too 🙂

Gillian

Thanks from me too 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘ Weaver II Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.