Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Widget shortcode missing

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    plumcreek
    Participant

Haven’t been in a site in a few weeks and now need to change the footer and am unable to find it. Fairly certain I set it up in the Widget Shortcode and while the information is working I’m unable to find where they went to edit them! This new widget block thing is there, something new to me and I have maybe 30 Weaver sites so this is going to be a problem. I’ve looked through everything as far as I can tell, including going back into the old Weaver editor and am unable to find the code.

The site is http://www.beyoutifulandblessedlife.com, and the part I am unable to edit is the form to sign up at the bottom of all the pages.

I just looked at another site of mine and that one still works the old way. I did disable one plug in to see if that was it and it was not. Help?

scrambler

That form is inside a Custom HTML widget that is place in the Footer widget area.

Go to Appearance > Widgets > Footer widget area, and it should be there.

There are two custom HTML widgets in there

plumcreek
    Participant

It should be, but there’s nothing in any of them! Is it possible WooCommerce update changed this? I can’t remove any of their stuff or I’ll break the site, of course. Have you seen this widget block editor thing in other sites?

scrambler

I have never seen that interface

If you are using a plugin to fill in the widget area, then you need to figure out how the plugin work and how you can access the content created using the plugin.

plumcreek
    Participant

I’m about 99% sure I used the Weaver Widget shortcode thing. Any clue where I might find that now? It’s nowhere in this “new” interface. The word Widget has been moved below Weaver in the Appearance menu as well. I’ll keep digging.

scrambler

There is no such thing as “Weaver Widget shortcode”

“Widget Shortcode” is a plugin that has nothing to do with weaver, and all it does is allow you to insert any widget in a content area using a shortcode. Widgets are still created in Appearance > Widget.

You can download it and install it from WordPress.org

If when you go to Appearance > Widget you see the interface your showed here instead of the normal WordPress Widget area interface, then you must be using a plugin.

You can try deactivating plugins one by one until you get the regular WordPress Widget area interface.

plumcreek
    Participant

Huh, well, at this point in my life I have just ONE site without the Weaver theme and it’s also the only one without the “Widget Shortcode” so I obviously made an assumption and we know how foolish that is.

Off to figure it out….thanks.

plumcreek
    Participant

And because I’m a pedant, I finally found the missing plugin origination and it hasn’t been updated so that’s why it’s “missing”. https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/widget-shortcode/

Thanks for the guidance!

scrambler

Glad you figured it out 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.