Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Wide Footer Widget Area – correct in all browsers except Safari

Topic Resolution: Answered

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  timreeves 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Answered

timreeves
    Participant

Hi Team,

I’m developing this site, and it looks good in all major browsers except Safari. Safari shows the footer widget area much too wide, so the widgets are not aligned with the rest of the content, they are pretty much “outside”. This seems very much like a problem with the theme. I tried debugging but I don’t see an easy fix, the CSS rules are quite different and I suspect that JS is playing a role as well.

Is there an option to tell Weaver NOT to do anything special for Safari? Or can you fix the bug?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

scrambler

I cant test on safari, so @weaver will have to look at it.

I think Safari does not support some of the CSS for Full width, and that is why there are different rules for safari, but only weaver can check if there is a problem with that.

But I do see a problem and you should fix that first.

You have both the footer AND the footer widget area set to full width, which could cause problem as it is unnecessary.

If the footer is expanded / stretched full width, then its content will be and you do not need the footer widget area to be.

So go to Main options Full width, and either uncheck the stretch /expand on the footer area OR of the Footer widget area.

Then test if you still have a problem on safari

timreeves
    Participant

Thanks @scrambler!

I understand what you mean and I tried it. But your suggestion breaks the layout which I need – if I don’t also expand the widget area then the background color of the widget area, which differs to that of the rest of the footer, is not expanded to the browser window width. Ends up looking ‘orrible )-: Apart from that logic dictates that the theme has a problem, if all modern browsers show it correctly except one.

It’s not only my graphic designer colleague who uses a Mac, but also the client herself. So she will be seeing a broken website and will not be happy – help help @weaver? And as ever, thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Weaver
    Keymaster

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

You have both alignwide and wvrx-fullwidth on the footer widget area. These seem to conflict on Safari, but logically conflict on all circumstances. I don’t know why they would work at all on non-Safari. (or perhaps the wvrx-fullwidth overrides alignwide on non-Safar browsers, but that wasn’t necessarily done intentionally. alignwide and wvrx-fullwidth mean different things, and it is not surprising¬† to me that there are conflicts in the implementations when both are used.)

Remove the alignwide on the footer widget area, and I think that gives what you want.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Note – I edited my reply. I has entered alignfull instead of alignwide, but the principle still applies. alignwide, alignfull, and wvrx-fullwidth are not compatible.

scrambler

I missed that, and yes we have already noticed that you cannot use both the new align(wide/full) with the expand  in the full width options

timreeves
    Participant

Thanks @scrambler, and @weaver! I confirm it works when set up like you say.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.