Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Why is Diamond Flip Book by CodeCanyon no longer working in Xtreme?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    BigAl
    Participant

I had it working on the site I am developing …  www.sleepyhollowclinic.co.za until last week Tuesday – on Wednesday it stopped.  I have a test site on my local machine.  I changed the theme there to Weaver ll and it works fine – just not on Xtreme. So, it seems that something has changed in the theme.  I would like to keep Xtreme as the theme, but there are a number of applications that will need the Flip Book, so I might have to change the theme to Weaver ll.  Thanks

scrambler

The first thing to do is to contact the developer to ask them why it is not working. they are better place to detect where the possible conflict is.

You need to elaborate on what is not working exactly (symtoms, error messages etc…)

Once you have that info, @weaver can review if this is an issue that should/could be fixed in Xtreme or in the plugin.

BigAl
    Participant

The Flip Book does not appear at all.  On the page editor is a block to enter the name of the book that should appear on that page.  That block does not appear in the page editor now.  It does appear if I use Weaver or Weaver ll which I have on my local machine for testing stuff.  The site is down right now for a complete wipe and rebuild after being hacked a few months ago.  Usernames and passwords were being deleted about once a week.  We suspect a script was left that was doing that.  Despite many scans with various packages – no malware was found.  The site itself was not affected at all and was always accessible. We could only not get into WP-Admin.  Thanks I will contact CodeCanyon.

Weaver
    Keymaster

The only reason something like that would not work would be a jQuery incompatibility. If the plugin is not showing on the page editor (if I read what you said right), there is no difference between Weaver II and Weaver Xtreme in the interaction there – which is very minimal and involves no scripts. So it is confusing why a plugin would not work there.

Since this is a premium plugin, there is no way for us to test it.

BigAl
    Participant

Thanks for the response.  I have switched the theme to Weaver ll and it is working fine (but I have to make a lot of changes to the appearance that was setup in Weaver Xtreme).  Here is the page on the site where the Flip Book is now working (Weaverll running) ….. http://sleepyhollowclinic.co.za/events-2/#events/page13.  (I still have to change the permalink view)

Here is a screengrab from the page editor showing the box where the name of the book to appear on the page is entered (using Weaverll) https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e7r4z5q79wufg4/Page%20Editor%2001.jpg?dl=0.  

This is the same page in page editor with Weaver Xtreme running.  http://www.dropbox.com/s/wbnr7nghn7bf9qg/Page%20Editor%2002.jpg?dl=0
    You will see that the Diamond J.Query box does not appear when Xtreme is running, and the Flip Book does not appear on the site either.
    Any clues on how to sort it out would help, because I would really like to have Xtreme as the theme.  I am bamboozled as to why it was working one day and then not the next.
    BigAl
    Participant

I received a popup to say that there was an update for Weaverll and that I should update.  I have updated and now the J.Query Flipbook no longer appears on the site and the J.Query box to insert the name of the book to appear on the page is also no longer available. (It is now the same as Xtreme)  The problem therefore is in the Weaver Theme itself.  Is there any way I can revert to the previous version of Weaverll that I was running?  (Obviously the 2 screen grabs I sent in my previous comment no longer apply.   SInce upgrading Weaverll just after 12:00 (South African Time) it is now behaving the same as Xtreme.  But you will be able to see the difference on the Page Editor pages between the 2)

BigAl
    Participant

Here is a clue that might help you identify where the incompatibility might be.  Diamond J.query flipbooks are inserted into new pages.  When creating a new page that will include the new book the template “Diamond Flipbook” under templates in “Page Attributes” must be chosen.  When using the old version of Weaver as well as the “old” version of Weaver ll – that template appears in the drop down of templates. See ….  https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t9p5u2yxanymm6/Page%20Editor%2003.jpg?dl=0   However that template does not appear in the drop down of templates when using the current version of Weaver ll or Xtreme.  See ….  https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfh7dfjr90ima2k/Page%20Editor%2004.jpg?dl=0.  I hope this helps in identifying the source of the problem.

BigAl
    Participant

This method of inserting a book into a page has not been resolved.  I have, however, used another method to get the book into a page – using code.  The sizing and full screen attributes are not the same – but it is working.  If the method of inserting the book as per the question I raised can be resolved – I would prefer to do it that way. Thanks

Weaver
    Keymaster

The update from Weaver II 2.1.12 to Weaver II 2.2 had no changes that would have changed anything about the page editor.

I’m afraid there is not much we can do to find any issues with this plugin as it is not widely used, and is a premium plugin besides.

Sorry.

scrambler

@weaver, he seems to be saying that on the latest weaver II version and on Xreme, the difference is that the plugin page template does not show up in the Page attribute template drop down list.

Anything in these version that would interfere with the plugin populating that list with their own templates ?

Weaver
    Keymaster

Populating the page template list must be extremely complicated. I have spent a whole lot of time trying to do that, and I was never able to figure out how it could be done.

So it must involve some real clever code, and likely be subject to the order plugins and themes are actually loaded by WP.

I have no idea why Weaver II (old) and Weaver II (latest) / Weaver Xtreme would be different. NEITHER one really does anything that should affect what gets displayed on the Page Edit admin page.

The only thing I can think of is that the “Screen Options” might not be set automatically to show all the elements of the plugin.

But this is a very difficult problem, and I simply do not have the resources to devote to figuring out why a 3rd party premium plugin doesn’t work right. The odds are extremely high it is a problem with the plugin.

BigAl
    Participant

Thanks guys for your input – really appreciated.  It is working now using code to get it on a page, but is not as “clean” as choosing a “Diamond Flipbook” page template.  I will try out some other themes on my local machine test site and will change the theme if I get something that works both for appearance and for the “Flipbook Page” template option.  There are plenty of themes that do give me the template option, but not the “look” I want.  Thanks again.

scrambler

I still think that given it is a premium plugin, you should be able to get feedback from the developper..

BigAl
    Participant

OK – will get feedback from the developer. But, I guess they will say “it works on some themes and not on others – speak to the theme developer”.  Also it works on the “old” Weaver and worked on Weaver ll until I upgraded tells me something changed in the theme.  Does anybody know if there was an update on Weaver Xtreme sometime last week or the week before. It worked on Xtreme before then and I can’t remember if I ran an update early last week or not.  I do know that I updated Weaver ll on my test site on my local machine and it did not work after that.

scrambler

Regardless of who’s fault it is, the developer is the only one knowing how their plugin works, and therefore they are the only one who can diagnose what is preventing it to work.

Once the diagnosis is in, we can determine who should fix what.

And if this is a premium plugin, I would hope the developer would want to find out why it is not working with a theme. if not I would worry about their seriousness and commitment.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I think something else must have changed. There simply were NO changes to the Weave II update that could have possibly affected anything on the page/post editor panel. Nothing changed there – honest. An it is equally likely that there is nothing in Weaver Xtreme that would affect that.

You should try the old disable all plugins (including Weaver’s) to see when it starts to work again.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.