Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Where ist the “Threshold for Slide Open Menu” gone in Weaver extreme?

This topic contains 43 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 44 total)
  • Author

nilolaus
    Participant

Scrambler – Hallo, thank you!

Not the upper value was too low, the lower was to high. Now it works like you thought it should work. May be due to my insufficient english skills. The Menue now no more jumps to the second line but of course it still jumps to the this .3 em padding. 
    If you by chance know anyone who knows anyone who knows anyone who knows where this breakpoint for switching to mobile menue is definded in the zillion lines of code or database I, if someone told me,  just could change it.

scrambler

I don’t understand what you mean.

The bottom value you should not change as this is the value that matches when the Mobile menu comes on. So when the screen is less than 768px, the main menu is gone, there is no need to do anything.

The only values that needs to be adjusted are the padding value and the max width.

1- To find the proper padding value, bring the browser to a width that is just above the switching width, like 780. Then find what padding value makes the menu fit on one line at that browser width.

2- Then, to find the max-width value, adjust it until the menu does not break on two lines when reducing the browser width

As for the threshold for switching from regular to mobile, if Weaver has not implemented it, it is likely because it is non trivial with this menu. Unless he changes the menu, it probably wont be back.

nilolaus
    Participant

Well – it worked … works … perfect in Aspen. BUT – ok – from a weaver developer point of view, it might be very hard to implement and take care of subsequent errors, when trying to implement altering the value by an administration template. In my case I need to alter the threshold for a specific project, and there is no problem for me to hardcoded change a sudden file, or algorithm or database entry.

But – ok – for the moment it works, and may be I once find the time to have a closer look.
    Thanks for your help!

thesurge
    Participant

I see there is now an option to change the mobile activation point for the primary and secondary menus, I think this is a very useful option, sometimes I find that the iPad portrait view can benefit from the use of the mobile menu.

It says that the default for the change is 768px, however I am finding that at iPad portrait view the desktop menu is still in use and the mobile menu activates at 767px.
    I have tested out the new option with a value of 769px and the primary menu then changes to mobile on iPad portrait view, however the menu doesn’t work correctly – when I click the hamburger instead of displaying the drop down menu it displays the desktop menu alongside the hamburger. If in my desktop browser I reduce the window below the standard activation point of 767px the mobile menu begins to work correctly again.
    You can see this on my test site: http://testing.creativesurge.co.uk/xtreme/

scrambler

I cant test on ipad, so @weaver would have to have a look

Weaver
    Keymaster

It turns out that for various internal technical reasons, the value of the new menu toggle point MUST be less than 768 to work correctly.

The goal of the new option was to allow short regular menus to be used on mobile devices.

The next release will not allow values >= 768.

The goal of this was NOT to put a mobile menu on an iPad. An iPad is very hardwired as a desktop device, and there is unfortunately no way to change that.

nilolaus
    Participant

Is my beloved “Threshold for Slide Open Menu”-Box back again?

scrambler

It is called mobile menu trigger, last in the menu options, but only allows for values smaller than 768, not bigger.

There may be a full trigger option for the new Smart menus in the future.

Weaver
    Keymaster

The new SmartMenus is unable to support any change in the desktop/mobile switch point. Sorry.

Weaver
    Keymaster

This option will not be supported by Weaver Xtreme 1.1.1 or later for any menus.

scrambler

@nilolaus

I am working on a Custom CSS solution for the threshold using the Smart Menus of the latest version of Xterme 1.1.1 and the Plus version (not sure what the release is yet).

If you need the threshold, when you have  the latest version of Xtreme and plus version installed, test Smart menus, and if they are OK for you, post back with a link to the site and specifics about what menu and what threshold change you are looking for, and I will give you some Custom CSS to test.

Weaver
    Keymaster

@scrambler – there is no one with a copy of Xtreme Plus with Smart Menus other than a few beta testers at this point, so no one will be able to try your solutions for a week or so.

scrambler

This is why I mentioned “When you have the latest …” 🙂

nilolaus
    Participant

Can you help me please: I can not find this menu-rtrigger anymore after updating to the latest version.

Weaver
    Keymaster

It is gone, and unlikely to come back. Sorry – Weaver Xtreme uses new menus, and they simply are not able to have movable switch points.

It seems that customization of the iPad menus in portrait is the most common request, but that simply is not possible at this point. iPads are treated like a standard desktop browser. This seems to be the most common treatment of iPads by the vast majority of current websites. Given that Weaver Xtreme’s design had to be one or the other, it seems best to follow the way that most of the web works.

scrambler

@nilaus I have worked on a Custom CSS solution that uses the new Smart menu.

You cant test it before the new version of X Plus is released, as it is required fro the Smart menu to work.

As soon as the new X Plus version is released, you have it installed and are happy with the Smart menus, post back and I will give you the CSS to try.

Viewing 16 posts - 17 through 32 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.