Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme What’s the best way to display alternate values for Title/Tagline on a per page basis?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dschoeff
    Participant

I’m currently using the Header widget area of Weaver XTreme Plus. My widget areas are 20%,80%;80%. The first row widgets are a Text widget with the site Logo and an xMenu widget with the site navigation. The standard Title/Tagline is hidden by page options and the widget area in the second line holds a series of text widgets controlled by the Dynamic Widgets plugin. Visibility to these text widgets is driven by per page options on Dynamic Widgets. The Page load is kind of sloppy: the page appears with the replacement Title/Tagline on the right. then the replacement title/Tagline flies across to it’s spot alongside the Logo. http://okw.apps-1and1.com/. This is just the dev server – maybe when I’m on the production server with page caching running, it won’t be so clunky. 

Weaver
    Keymaster

Your site loads crisply and quickly when I see it. You header alternate titles loads as smoothly as possible given that the content changes. The menu bar and other fixed components don’t change at all when I look – the only changes are the content that actually changes. I don’t know how this could possibly be made better.

And the way you are doing this is quite interesting and creative, I might add. There’s never been any request before for such a feature, and you’ve done a nice job of creating this effect.

The only alternative I could think of would be supported by Weaver Xtreme Plus, and could be accomplished by using the Header Top HTML insertion area using the Per Page method of defining a Custom Field. This is explained in the help document – there is a ? help link from the Per Page options box right at the bottom.

EDIT: There seems to be a glitch on that ? for Weaver Xtreme Plus – the help is actually in the main help file.

scrambler

I am not seeing slow loading issues.

if not familiar with page custom field, you can also read

http://forum.weavertheme.com/discussion/1281/custom-fields-on-pages-what-to-use-them-for-and-how-to-use-them

dschoeff
    Participant

Thanks Weaver and Scrambler. 

Scrambler, thanks for the link on using custom fields with the Weaver x per page Text widget. That seems like an ideal way to have different content in a consistent place across the site. Am I right in assuming you can only populate values for one Per page Text widget on any given page? You can’t reference them by index or anything, correct?
    Weaver
    Keymaster

Correct – only one per page text widget per page is supported.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.