Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme What happened?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DaleB
    Participant

I updated wordpress to 4.1.2  and the weaverx theme to 1.1.3.before I started working on a website today.

After 6 hours of working I went into the appearance/theme options area and the page with the weaver sub themes flashed and instantly went to the themes option page. I adjusted the text padding on the content area, saved it and went back to my theme. Everything had changed. It was like I no longer had the weaver theme installed. all my settings were gone. The theme, width, my colors, the page layout etc. was changed on every page. I check on the Weaverx theme to make sure it was installed and it said there was an update available. The update it said I needed to install was 1.1.3 that I had installed this morning. I have the weaver plus plugin. The sub theme is the same as it was before this happened, antique ivory.

Any help with what may have happened would be greatly appreciated.  Is there any way to find the setting I had before this happened. 
    It is going to take a lot of work to set everything back where it was. I hate to do it and have it all vanish again. 
    I think I just learned that I should be backing up my theme settings. Is that possible?
    DaleB
    Participant

I see the area now to backup my current theme settings. Too bad It was not backed up. 

DaleB
    Participant

Well everything is back in order. I am all backed up and I  have my theme settings backed up to my hard drive. I am not sure what is worse, being such a chump, or broadcasting it to the world.

Gillian

We’ve all been there before, Dale, so don’t feel too bad 🙂

At the least you now know where to find the save/restore options.
    DaleB
    Participant

Thanks Gillian.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.