Home Forums Showcase WeaverXtreme site incorporating WooCommerce

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bstone81 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 17 total)
  • Author

lambert
    Participant

Maureen
    Participant

Another great looking site!

One issue I am having: on Safari I cannot access your submenu items. The submenu disappears as I move the cursor down. Works properly on Firefox.

scrambler

A Lambert Classic 🙂

lambert
    Participant

Maureen are you on Mac or pc?

Maureen
    Participant

I am MAC.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I have the same issue on Safari. (By the way, Safari currently runs only on Macs.)

lambert
    Participant

That’s odd, I build my sites and safari and have no issues

OS 10.12.2

Safari 10.0.2

thesurge
    Participant

@lambert

Nice looking site, the site origin parallax section seems to work well and on iPad too.

The sub menus are working fine for me on Mac/Safari, also on iOS.

Looking at the product page I would make a couple of changes:

1. The entry summary needs – clear: none; so that it sits next to the images instead of underneath.
    2. Woocommerce no longer loads the product lightbox by default so when images are clicked they open directly in the browser window. You can easily activate the new lightbox functions if you use the Plus plugin. Just add the following code to Advanced options – Head section – Actions and Filters:

add_theme_support( ‘wc-product-gallery-zoom’ );
    add_theme_support( ‘wc-product-gallery-lightbox’ );
    add_theme_support( ‘wc-product-gallery-slider’ );

bstone81
    Participant

I’m just using the weaver xtreme. So how do I activate the lightbox functions so that my gallery images have navigation and image numbers?

Thanks, Brad Stone

bstone81
    Participant

Correction. I do have the Xtreme Plus added.

So when I add the code to the Actions and Filters, I am not seeing any change.

Do I need to add anything in front of or behind the “add_theme_support( ‘wc-product-gallery-slider’ );”

thesurge
    Participant

@bstone81

I have added this code to 2 weaver x plus sites now and it has worked correctly, but after copy/pasting the code from the above post it didn’t work for me either, perhaps the forum changes something (quote marks for example). I originally found the code on this page – https://createandcode.com/broken-photo-gallery-and-lightbox-after-woocommerce-3-0-upgrade/ so it is probably best to get it from there.

I only used the 3 lines as above, the other lines don’t seem to be required. I did need to tweak the CSS a bit too to get everything just right.

scrambler

Do not copy paste code from the forum unless it was formatted using the pre formatted style.

The forum messes up quotes among other things, making them asymmetrical (open and close are different)

Code requires both start and end quote to be exactly the same.

bstone81
    Participant

@thesurge

Thank you for the link. I did add it to the functions.php file, which I’m assuming, will be overwritten with the next update. Is there a way to put this in Custom so it is saved with future updates?

thesurge
    Participant

@bstone81

Advanced options – Head section – Actions and Filters

bstone81
    Participant

That worked! thanks.

One last request… How can I put a border around my product gallery images?

Weaver
    Keymaster

If you don’t have Weaver Xtreme Plus, that code must be added to a Child Theme to avoid being wiped out with a Theme update.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.