Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme weaver_xplus_actions.php 595 error

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    parrot720n
    Participant

I had a catastrophic encounter with a freelancer that has required me to remove his handy work to restore my BuddyPress multisite (myd2.net). It seems restoration is mostly complete but I keep getting a fatal error when a new subsite is created. The freelancer had created a weaver-child as the default theme, which I deleted and config (ed) for Weaver Xtreme plus to be the default theme. Unfortunately, the fatal error continues, and debug log reports a weeaver_xplus_actions.php595 fault.

Interestingly, when a new subsite is created, there remains a ‘ghost’ image of the child theme in the appearance>themes page, but also is a notice that it will revert to the default which I config (d). Only opening the theme page will remove the initial fatal error displayed when first trying to view the newly activated subsite. I have deleted the plugin for weaver-Xtreme-plus and uploaded it again, but everything continues as previous with the error displayed and the ghost appearing. In the faulted php file, there is mention a number of times of “children” and wondered if these should be deleted (eg. .wvrx-menu.sm li .children{)

scrambler

You could / should do the following to make sure nothing he would have edited stays behind.

• Save your settings and download a copy for good measure
    • Switch to a different theme
    • Delete Weaver Xtreme completely
    • Deactivate and Delete Xtreme Theme Support and Plus plugins.
    • Reinstall the Xtreme Theme From WordPress.org
    • Reinstall Xtreme Theme Support Plugin from WordPress.org
    • Download a fresh copy of the Plus plugin from your Weaver Account and reinstall that.

parrot720n
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response. I had done exactly as you mentioned but unfortunately, the error continues and the bug report I mentioned was after all those steps.

scrambler

@weaver will have to comment then

scrambler

Have you used your cPanel file manager to check that the child folder is completely gone?

parrot720n
    Participant

Yes, I have checked (as much as I could) to assure anything and everything to do with the weaver-child theme was gotten rid of. That’s why I was asking if the mention of children or child on the style-CSS pages would be referring to what the freelancer had set as default. I would think that restoring the weaver-Xtreme plus plugin would have gotten rid of any semblance of the chid-theme remaining as a ghost. Will @weaver comment in here?

scrambler

Weaver should comment at one point depending on his current schedule 🙂

Weaver
    Keymaster

It would be helpful to see the EXACT error message that is displayed.

There is no such thing as a 595 error. Could it mean line 595 of weaver_xplus_actions.php?

It is unlikely that the issue is Weaver related if you are using standard Weaver Xtreme installs.

I also don’t understand how there can be any child theme left around if you have deleted it.

WordPress Multisite has quite a few complications when it comes to loading theme files. There are values in the wp_config.php file that have to be right. Maybe you have to regenerate the .htaccess file.

I really can’t think of other possibilities.

parrot720n
    Participant

I looked at the identified bug and it does refer to line 595. I have included an image of that, and I will also work on regenerating the .htaccess file… Thank you very much.

segment of debug report

scrambler

I inserted your referenced image so it would show.

That said, what weaver asked is not his file, he knows that :), but details and a screenshot of where and how the error message gets displayed

parrot720n
    Participant

Here is the debug page:

debug_message

Thank you

Weaver
    Keymaster

So, from that debug message, the real issue seems to be:

Trying to get property ‘ID’ of non-object in /home2/mydtwon1/public_html/wp-includes/link-template.php

If it was initiated by the call from Weaver Xtreme Plus, it would seem to mean some sort of database corruption. That line you displayed was a normally simple operation of determining the exact location of the main theme files – something that usually would not cause an issue.

This is fairly deep in WP core code, and may mean some corruption in the database. Given it is from a multisite, an the problem involves creation of a new sub-site, that would again point to a database issue.

parrot720n
    Participant

Thank you very much for your review.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.