Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Weaver XtremeVersion: 4.04 Breaks My Site

Topic Resolution: Resolved

This topic contains 42 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 33 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

scrambler

Did the mangle UI go away in the last demo site that had the header issue?

The search box has been redesigned in the new version

GR8FL
    Participant

It’s not on the demo site, but it is on the real site.

The 2nd site (IMC) was not cloned.

Any idea what is causing this?

Weaver
    Keymaster

I don’t know what could be causing the legacy options interface display issues.

I think it could be helpful if you opened the Legacy Help page, and copy the System Configuration info and paste it back here.

GR8FL
    Participant

I found the culprit. I deactivated ALL PLUGINS, which made issue go away and then one by one activated and checked the UI. Turns out it is WordFence. I know you’re not responsible for the plugin, but if you can give me any idea what is different about this theme that would cause this plugin to make my UI wonky, I’d appreciate it. I will then go back to the WordFence people and see if they can make an update. I’ve found WordFence to be a very good security tool and would like to keep it.

Why are you referring this as the legacy interface? Is that because customizer is what people are generally using instead?

scrambler

Why are you referring this as the legacy interface? Is that because customizer is what people are generally using instead?

Yes, the Customizer is the future of WordPress and supposed to be the main user interface.

My problem is that until they can make it open faster, I rarely use it, as it takes way too long (especially on edge) to open.

GR8FL
    Participant

I tried the Customizer on a new site, but I have a slow, old computer with limited memory and found the interface very slow without added benefits of what is now the legacy UI. I hope you’re able to keep that around for a while.

Thanks @scrambler

Weaver
    Keymaster

I use WordFence on essentially all my sites, and it doesn’t seem to cause any issues for me. It does have some settings, and can block some JavaScript execution.

You might start from a new installation of it (don’t know how to clear its old settings, but it tends to be a bit sticky, so that may take some effort). I’ve had to in the past start from scratch with WordFence for reasons I can’t recall now – but nothing to do with Weaver.

It is a very popular plugin with many many users.

scrambler

I also use Wordfence and have no issue, so it must be a setting or installation problem

GR8FL
    Participant

I have WordFence premium version and put in a ticket with them. This problem doesn’t affect the functionality or look of the site, it just is ugly to look at.

Thanks for letting me know you both are using it with no issues.

GR8FL
    Participant

After much hair pulling (or thinking about it), I have found the culprit now to be a combination of WordFence Premium (not on free version) and Chrome. Deactivating every Chrome extension makes no difference.

I switched from Firefox to Chrome for memory issues.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I have completely switched to Firefox from Chrome after using Chrome for quite a long time. After the recent complete re-write of Firefox, in my opinion it is by far the best browser to develop a site with.

Viewing 11 posts - 33 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.