Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Weaver Xtreme Version 3 – Beta

This topic contains 43 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Lura 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 33 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Weaver
    Keymaster

@frank – was the Visual tab gone, or just SLOW?

And by import, did you select Raleway from the drop down list, or did you actually go through  the steps to import from Google?

Could easily be a bug, especially since you would using the 2.1.x version of Xtreme Plus – there were some issues with font specification due to recent Google changes, so that might be it.

I cannot cause any issues by simply selecting Raleway from the dropdown, but I’m using a newer beta version of X-Plus.

frank
    Participant

I went throught the steps copying the font and family text and pasting them into their appropriate dialogue boxes, what I did notice after posting the message above was I had unwittingly selected two fonts and paste both in at the same time, raleway & droid. I see there was already droid font that comes with the theme, I don’t think i had it on my system before. Anyways removing that extra droid font seems to have solved the problem.

I tried to repeating importing droid from googlefonts, result was no visual tab again, removing it and all was well again.
    Sorry if it caused you hassle.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Not problem – the whole idea of a Beta is to track down bugs.

mythusmage
    Participant

Since I have the technical expertise of a 4 week old puppy I’m waiting for the production release. In any case, thank you for the work.

Miriam
    Participant

Thank you @weaver and @scrambler for continuously making the Weaver theme better.  I love the support here! I’m looking forward to Weaver Xtreme V3, especially the full width BG images.

Remus
    Participant

On my test and production site, header search don’t open on mobile size. No time to check for desktop.

scrambler

This is because the z-index of the title/tagline is below the header widget area.
    For now add the rule
    #title-over-image #title-tagline {z-index:1000;}

@weaver, with the z-indexes changed to accommodate the fixed areas, the index of the title / tagline may need to be updated

mythusmage
    Participant

@weaver, any possibility of adopting flexbox or grid?

Weaver
    Keymaster

It is hard to see what flex would do for Weaver. Grid layouts a very limiting, and will never fit with Weaver’s design model. Flex still had browser support issues, but it is difficult to see how flex could retroactively be added to Weaver’s design. Round peg in a square hole sort of thing.

The use of these tools are more appropriate for laying out the main content – as in a page builder. Most of them area grid based. Don’t know if any are flex based or not.

Joerg_Knoerchen

Any rough timeline for the final?

scrambler
    We are ironing a few things, I think there is a good chance weaver will post a Release Candidate today or tomorrow

Lura
    Participant

I very much appreciate the new Weaver Xtreme Online Guide. Thanks for all your hard work on it. 

Viewing 12 posts - 33 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.