Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Weaver Xtreme Version 3 – Beta

This topic contains 43 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Lura 2 years ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Weaver
    Keymaster

The beta release of Weaver Xtreme – Version 3 is now available.

Get the Beta version of Weaver Xtreme  and the Weaver Xtreme Support Plugin from our download page: 

Download Weaver Xtreme Version 3

You can see Weaver Xtreme Version 3 in action on our brand new Weaver Xtreme Guide site featuring the full User Guide, and plenty of other useful hints and tutorial information with easy search tools to find the content you need:

Weaver Xtreme Guide Site

We are almost ready to release Weaver Xtreme Version 3.0 with many exciting new features aimed at creating modern full-width web designs. We’ve also updated the options for the Header area, making it easy to create a beautiful, fully customized Header. And there are now ever more options for Featured Images.
    • Full Width Sites: Expand Areas alternative to existing Extend BG Attributes
    • Featured Image Locations: Banner, Full Width BG Images: tiled, cover, parallax
    • Per Post FI Layout for individual Posts (requires Theme Support Plugin)
    • Checkbox for Fixed-Top Menus and Header Area with auto top margin for wrapper/content
    • HTML as replacement for Header Image: allows easy slide show in header creation with shortcode
    • Customizer Options interface level – Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
    • Weaver System Info on Help tab (req: Theme Support Plugin)
    • Minimum Server / PHP Memory check for Customizer
    • Replace Site Title text with WP Custom Logo image, with height options
    • Add WP Custom Logo to Left end of Primary Menu, with height options
    • Alternate for Mobile Menu Hamburger
    • Render Header Image as a BG image, including Parallax (requires Xtreme Plus)
    • New default subtheme, plus other new and revised subthemes
    • Underline on link hover
    • Menu Bar top/bottom padding
    • Adjust for Admin Bar on top of front-end view for logged in users
    • Add Right HTML to Primary Menu now supported by free version. Left and other Rights still need XPlus
    • Automatic vertical margins for Fixed Top and Bottom options
    • Top/Bottom padding for Title/Tagline area
    • New menus for Full Width Site

scrambler

For the new Full width features of V3, you can have a look at the new Full Width Designs Tutorial posted on the New Weaver Guide site

http://guide.weavertheme.com/full-width-design/

I will progressively move most of the Xtreme Tutorials I have in the Xtreme Tutorial discussion section over to the Weaver Guide site.

The Guide site will be a lot easier to search using filters on categories and tags like in the page below
    http://guide.weavertheme.com/searching/

frank
    Participant

I’ve just started putting a new website together for a small business using Xtreme with Xtreme Plus. I’m currently only as far as the homepage to start with, should I hang on to wait on the Xtreme 3 full version coming out ? or could I use this beta version ?

Will Xtreme 3 be a straightforward update via the admin panel.

Maureen
    Participant

Nice job on the Weaver Guide. Code easy to read in boxes. Good example screenshots. IDs and Selectors. Someone has been very busy!

Weaver
    Keymaster

The Beta seems to be very stable. The official release is likely next week, and there will then be a Version 2.9 of Xtreme Plus, and a Xtreme Plus V 3 within a month.

But if you want full width features, do try the Beta.

frank
    Participant

Can the beta version be updated via the Weaver xtreme admin panel?

scrambler

To install the beta, you will need to download the file, then install the Plugin “easy theme and plugin upgrades”, and then Install the theme as if it was a new one. The plugin will take care of replacing your current version

Joerg_Knoerchen

Hi, I will try to test it as soon as I can, is V3 guarantee backwards compatibility?

Well at least good news for one of my highly customized site, this behaves and looks the same with V3 beta! 🙂 

You should make clear that the option “Fixed-Top Menu” can only be used either at the primary or secondary menu and not in any combination – at least for me the secondary menu will be overlapped by the primary menu and hides the secondary! 

Would it be possible when choosing “Customize > Added Content… > Menus > Add Site Logo to left” that the logo is hidden until the “Fix to top on scroll” becomes active? From a design perspective it looks not nice to have a repeating logo on the site. 

scrambler

1- “You should make clear that the option “Fixed-Top Menu” can only be used either at the primary or secondary menu and not in any combination – at least for me the secondary menu will be overlapped by the primary menu and hides the secondary! “

Are you speaking of fixed to top, Or fixed on scroll?

Because Fixed to top works with both. Fixed on scroll does not right now, but may be in the release

If you meant mixing fixed to top with fixed on scroll, You are right, it is not working now, but we can make that work in the release. :”Good catch”
    EDIT: Fixed that one

2- “Would it be possible when choosing “Customize > Added Content… > Menus > Add Site Logo to left” that the logo is hidden until the “Fix to top on scroll” becomes active? From a design perspective it looks not nice to have a repeating logo on the site. “

Good Idea, and this is easy with CSS

Just Add the rules below in the Custom CSS rule box (using primary or secondary depending

#nav-primary .custom-logo-on-menu {display:none;}
    #nav-primary .wvrx-dropfixonscroll .custom-logo-on-menu {display:block;}

Joerg_Knoerchen

Hi,

well the CSS seems not to work for me without some importance 🙂

#nav-primary .custom-logo-on-menu {display:none !important;}
    #nav-primary .wvrx-dropfixonscroll .custom-logo-on-menu {display:block !important;}

scrambler

do you have a link?

Joerg_Knoerchen

As a reference? As said it works, when I add the !important tags to the code. The site is not live, it’s blocked by a maintenance page. But I will add that to my live page as soon as V3 is out.

BTW has there any changes made in how to create a parallax page?

Finally excellent work @scrambler on the Guide I’m loving this more than those threads at the forum where I always have to search and scroll and page etc 🙂 :+1: 

Weaver
    Keymaster

The old way to create parallax works just fine, but there is a much easier way for simple parallax.

There are a couple of additional ways to display the Featured Image (page or post). One of those is Parallax. Makes it very simple, although without some of the options for the full featured (but more complicated ) current method. This would include the title over the parallax image followed by content, for example.

A full How To is on the to-do list for all the FI settings, including the new one.

And thanks for the complement on the new Weaver Xtreme Guide site. Both @scrambler and I have been working hard to add content and search capabilities there. It will be an ongoing project to add new guide content.

scrambler

@joerg_knoerchen

Thanks @weaver for creating the Guide site, that was a great idea, and will definitely make finding tutorials infinitely easier

I am almost done moving my existing tutorials, and I am revising them as I do with pictures when suitable.

Maureen
    Participant

Just installed Weaver X3. LOVE the Full Width option!  Thanks Weaver!!!!

Love the easy fixed header and underline link hoovers.

Can’t wait to try slider short code in the header and replacing site title with custom logo.

Joerg_Knoerchen

V3 is definitely the best ever version of Weaver. Can’t wait to get it into production and take advantage of the new features. @weaver and @scrambler you both are awesome, I can’t say often enough: thank you so much! And again the guide is awesome as well! I tried so many themes and in meantime even frameworks but non of these did let me achieve what I’m trying so easy as with Weaver and the help of you!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.