Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Weaver Xtreme und ClassicPress

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pezi 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pezi
    Participant

Hallo!

will weaver xtreme also work with https://www.classicpress.net/?

scrambler

Classic Press is a replacement for WordPress but is based on WordPress (independent fork)

In their FAQ (below), they say WordPress themes and plugin will work with it

https://docs.classicpress.net/faq-support/#will-my-current-plugins-and-themes-work-in-classicpress

So I guess you can hope and try. But if there are issues, @weaver would have to pitch in.

The potential issue I see is evolution. I suspect they want to do some things different that WP, so I am not clear on what that could mean for maintaining compatibility. May be weaver can check that with them if he believes the project has merit.

Someone should tell them, it would be nice to see the goals and expected benefits of their project somewhere on the Website  🙂

pezi
    Participant

I start with the tests today.
    If there are problems, I’ll be sure. Thank you!

Someone should tell them, it would be nice to see the goals and expected benefits of their project somewhere on the Website

PS: I’ve also written to ClassicPress, expressed my interest and offered help, etc. – but have not received an answer yet. (Probably because of my problems with English language)

Weaver
    Keymaster

Weaver Xtreme 4.1 is probably compatible with this, but Weaver Xtreme 4.2 will NOT be compatible because it will be heavily modified for Gutenberg and WP 5.0.

If I see that this might be a reasonable thing to support, I can likely build a version of Weaver Xtreme that will not have any Gutenberg support, but for now, my #1 priority is to build a totally compatible WP 5.0 / Gutenberg version of Weaver Xtreme.

Actually, Weaver Xtreme 4.2 might be compatible, but will have extra stuff in it that may not actually “show up” in WP 4.9.8 (which is essentially ClassicPress if I understand their website.) But no promises.

pezi
    Participant

If I see that this might be a reasonable thing to support, I can likely build a version of Weaver Xtreme that will not have any Gutenberg support

That would be great!
    I will never use Gutenberg myself and recommend this editor to anyone!
    https://de.wordpress.org/plugins/classic-editor/ is one of the solutions, but unfortunately not forever …
    Therefore, I test ClassicPress and will also switch, (if this tool is ok. (I am already testing CP))

my #1 priority is to build a totally compatible WP 5.0 / Gutenberg version of Weaver Xtreme.

I understand you have to offer a theme that is compatible with Gutenberg. That’s the trend …

Actually, Weaver Xtreme 4.2 might be compatible, but will have extra stuff in it that may not actually “show up”

I understand

WP 4.9.8 … (which is essentially ClassicPress if I understand their website.)

yes, I think it’s the same

So I will only test with Weaver Xtreme 4.1 and not update the theme – should work.

DANKE!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.