Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Weaver Xtreme + plugins PHP 8 compatible

Topic Resolution: Resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MMWBAdmin
    Participant

Can I – to your knowing – use Weaver Xtreme theme, WVRX Plus, WVRX Theme Support, Weaver Show Sliders and Weaver Show Posts (all latest versions) safely with PHP 8?

scrambler

@weaver can answer

MMWBAdmin
    Participant

Hi,

I’m running WP 5.7 for my site https://ww.mmwb.nl on PHP 7.4.15

Switching to PHP 8 results in a site without sliders (on both front page and single posts/pages)

from debug.log:

[26-Mar-2021 20:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $slider follows optional parameter $content in /wp-content/plugins/show-sliders/atw-show-sliders.php on line 617
    [26-Mar-2021 20:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $text follows optional parameter $args in /wp-content/plugins/weaver-xtreme-plus/includes/weaver_xplus_shortcodes.php on line 557
    [26-Mar-2021 20:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $text follows optional parameter $args in /wp-content/plugins/weaver-xtreme-plus/includes/weaver_xplus_shortcodes.php on line 650
    [26-Mar-2021 20:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $code follows optional parameter $args in /wp-content/plugins/weaver-xtreme-plus/includes/weaver_xplus_shortcodes.php on line 700
    [26-Mar-2021 20:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $link follows optional parameter $args in /wp-content/plugins/weaver-xtreme-plus/includes/weaver_xplus_shortcodes.php on line 711
    [26-Mar-2021 20:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $text follows optional parameter $args in /wp-content/plugins/weaverx-theme-support/includes/wvrx-ts-shortcodes.php on line 42
    [26-Mar-2021 20:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $text follows optional parameter $args in /wp-content/plugins/weaverx-theme-support/includes/wvrx-ts-shortcodes.php on line 113
    [26-Mar-2021 20:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $text follows optional parameter $args in /wp-content/plugins/weaverx-theme-support/includes/wvrx-ts-shortcodes.php on line 119
    [26-Mar-2021 20:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $text follows optional parameter $args in /wp-content/plugins/weaverx-theme-support/includes/wvrx-ts-shortcodes.php on line 124
    [26-Mar-2021 20:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $show follows optional parameter $args in /wp-content/plugins/weaverx-theme-support/includes/wvrx-ts-shortcodes.php on line 124
    [26-Mar-2021 20:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $text follows optional parameter $vals in /wp-content/plugins/weaverx-theme-support/includes/wvrx-ts-shortcodes.php on line 682
    [26-Mar-2021 20:30:45 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Required parameter $text follows optional parameter $vals in /wp-content/plugins/weaverx-theme-support/includes/wvrx-ts-shortcodes.php on line 703
    [26-Mar-2021 20:30:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  uasort(): Returning bool from comparison function is deprecated, return an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero in /wp-includes/category-template.php on line 903
    Weaver
    Keymaster

I haven’t tested that as my development tools have only very recently supported PHP 8.0.

The info you posted in quite interesting. It looks as if there are several issues with more than one Weaver product, most of which should be trivial to fix.

BUT, it does appear that for now, even WP does not support PHP 8 as the last error is coming from the WP directory /wp-includes, which is a part of WP core  code.

Note that all of the messages are warning level messages indicating that future versions of PHP will no longer support a paraticular PHP coding usage. The existing PHP code will continue to work, maybe even through PHP 9. I don’t know exactly when PHP actually stops supporting deprecated code after it starts issuing the warning messages. Their documentation says deprecated warnings (for any version of PHP) will change to throwing an error in the next major release of PHP, which I would guess would be 9 in this case.

MMWBAdmin
    Participant

Hi,

I will stick with PHP 7.4 for now and await your testing of the Weaver suite against PHP 8.

MMWBAdmin
    Participant

Hi,

The PHP 8 Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined constant “Y” is thrown in /wp-content/plugins/weaver-xtreme-plus/includes/weaver_xplus_shortcodes.php(690) : eval()’d code on line 1

Weaver
    Keymaster

That last one would be from using the PHP shortcode with the error in the PHP code – that is the only think I know that would use eval().

MMWBAdmin
    Participant

Aha, that’s where the culprit was.

I unchecked For site security reasons, you must check this to enable the [php] shortcode in WVRX Plus.

Seems all is running smooth now in PHP 8 except of course for two [php]-shortcodes for which I’ll have to find a workaround

Kind regards.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.