- This topic is empty.
April 5, 2023 at 00:52 UTC - Views: 29 #72272WeaverKeymaster
Weaver Xtreme Version 6.2 has been uploaded to WordPress.
- Version 22.214.171.124 – added check for bad values in Widget Areas; Fixed broken styling for Legacy Theme Admin
While there are not a lot of visible changes to options, etc., there are some very significant internal changes.
- Google Fonts are now self-hosted. Self-hosting complies with EU standards, and WP will make this a theme requirement. The good news is that because fonts are only loaded as actually used, this change is likely to improve performance slightly.
- There is a new option to add a “Menu Only Header” – the menu will stick to the top, includes a logo and site name, and other former header elements are not used. (The old design still works.)
- All CSS is now included in-line instead of in external files. There seems to be general agreement that inline CSS is faster than loading several different external CSS files.
- There are 3 new subthemes, and all of the current subthemes have been modernized a bit.
- Weaver Xtreme now REQUIRES PHP 7.2 or later. It will not work with PHP 5.4, which is obsolete and dangerous to use. WordPress itself will be mandating PHP 7.8 soon. Weaver Xtreme and the plugins are all PHP 8 compatible, but do not use and PHP 8 language features.
Weaver Xtreme 5 – Version 5.1 Compatibility Download
In case there are problems with your site when using V6.2, we’ve posted a special compatibility version for called Weaver Xtreme 5. This version is identical to the final 5.0.7 version on the WordPress repository, but is named Weaver Xtreme 5 so that you can install it as an additional theme that you can switch back and forth with Weaver Xtreme 6.2 for testing or compatibility issues.
The link to Weaver Xtreme 5 found on the Archive Downloads Page: https://weavertheme.com/archive-downloads/
Full Change List for 6.2
* Update to WP 6.2. Weaver Xtreme version numbering will now follow WP version, with subversions as necessary (e.g. 6.2.1) * New: MAJOR CHANGE! The theme now self-hosts the open source Google fonts for GDPR and WP compliance * NOTE: If you have installed a self-host Google fonts plugin such as OMGF, you can now uninstall it * NOTE: Font files are not loaded by browsers until used, so this will generally speed up font loading * Change: Theme CSS now included inline for front-end CSS settings as well as for Block Editor styling * New: An option for more modern "Menu Only Header Design" * New: Login on main menu bar option * New: Three new sub-themes designed for modern fixed menu only at the top: Ahead, Ahead Dark, and Ahead Light * Updated: All older subthemes have been updated. Most now are full-width design, and don't use previous extended width styling * Updated: Theme screen shot and description for WP Theme picker * Change: Theme Styling support for Classic Editor only supported when Weaver Theme Support plugin installed * Tweaks: Styling on main menu bar items * Tweak: Only loads admin files if user is logged in * Fix: Some editor (both classic and block) styling to match theme settings more closely * Fix: Changed CSS rules for spacing after block images and cover images * Fix: Z index problem with Primary and Secondary fixed-top menus * Fix: Corrected display of lists in block editor to include left margins * Fix: numerous code style updates * Fix: problem if no Featured Image set when attempting to use Parallax BG for posts * Fix: some PHP 8 code incompatibility in Audio post template * Fix: descriptions that have been missing from Customizer HTML Injection areas are now there * Fix: added additional validation to translatable strings - mostly in Customizer interface * Fix: added validation for Author name and description * Removed: Obsolete "Core Site Layout and Styling" section from "What" interface
- The topic ‘ Weaver Xtreme 126.96.36.199 Released on WordPress Repository’ is closed to new replies.