- This topic is empty.
December 30, 2021 at 20:33 UTC - Views: 20 #69966WeaverKeymaster
Weaver Xtreme 5.0.1 was just released to fix a problem – the initial version depended on the Weaver Xtreme Theme Support plugin. V5.0.1 does not.
We’ve also found some other transition issues. The following list summarizes known issues:
- V5.0 had code that depended on the Weaver Xtreme Support plugin to create and write some style files. Sites without the Theme Support plugin failed to have any styling display. But because V5 does not overwrite any V5 settings or files, it turns out that no data was ever lost. It just takes reverting to V4.4, which thanks to the somewhat new process WordPress follows when uploading themes, it is pretty simple to do that. This problem has been fixed in V5.0.1.
- Weaver Xtreme Child Themes are more likely to have issues. Because of the revisions, it is possible that child themes that implement new PHP code for specific Weaver Xtreme functions may now fail. Unfortunately, there is not much else to do but again compare the child’s functions with the original to see possible new structures.
- There can be issues caused by using the old Extend BG properties. The option remains for some areas, but no longer is supported for Menus. Menus now have more options to show different layouts and widths. But these options do not exactly reproduce using Extend BG on menus. The selection Full Width, center will look very close to previous menus, and the Extend BG option can be duplicated by adding the class wvrx-fullwidth to the menus using the Add CSS option if you have Weaver Xtreme Plus.
- There can be issues with some custom CSS rules. Mostly the classes and IDs used have not changed, but there may be a few that have and thus break custom CSS.
I’d like to apologize for the issues people have had so far. The dependency on the Theme Support plugin was the major problem. I realize there may be a bit of a transition for some, but the vast majority of users should have a fairly seamless process.
Note that this thread is closed to prevent mixing in problems and answers. If you still have issues, please start a new thread.
Finally, I’d also like to give a note about V5. Version 5 is has some major changes and upgrades to the V4.4 version. The most significant change from the user’s standpoint is the inclusion of the new Where Customizer interface in addition to the What interface. We think many people will f ind the Where interface more intuitive and easier to work with.
As part of the move to a unified full/wide width strategy, Weaver 5 will convert some Weaver 4 options to fit this new model. Mostly, this conversion seems to work quite well, but there can be issues. Sorry, but that is part of the price to keep moving ahead.
- The topic ‘ Weaver Xtreme 5.0.1 Fixes Issues’ is closed to new replies.