Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Menu issues with V5.

Viewing 12 posts - 17 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    scrambler

here are the weaver ones

Failed to load resource: net: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
    style-weaverxt.css:1

Failed to load resource: net: ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
    style-weaverxt.css:1

scrambler

others
    Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
    Leadership300.jpg:1

AnnualMeeting2021.jpg:1

SirWordCloud.jpg:1

vaccinationcard-1.jpg:1

scrambler

more

FiresideChat.jpg:1

wearesir_activities_golf_border2-300×201.jpg:1

wearesir_activities_bowling_border-300×201.jpg:1

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
    activities_cycling-300×201.jpg:1

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()

alanwbaker
    Participant

Those cert errors are probably due to creating the new test site. I’ll fix that.

Alan

alanwbaker
    Participant

Scrambler, I ran AutoSSL on the new test site, which removed a lot of the console errors. Most of the remaining errors are on jpeg images and not relevant.  The key console error is a 404 on this stylesheet:

<link rel=’stylesheetid=’weaverxt-style-sheet-csshref=’https://sirinc.org/test/wp-content/uploads/weaverx5-subthemes/style-weaverxt.css?ver=104type=’text/cssmedia=’all‘ />

I looked at the filesystem and there is indeed no weaverx5-subthemes directory. Does this help?

Alan

Weaver
    Keymaster

The no weaverx5-subthemes directory is the real problem here, and is the one caused by the dependency on the Theme Support plugin. Starting over with the plugin installed, or using Weaver Xtreme 5.0.1 should fix that issue.

It is possible that installing V5.0 the very first time will mean that some of the conversions do NOT take place again, even if you delete V5. One way around that would be to save your V4.4.8 settings to a file, than import them to V5. That will trigger the conversion process, but now the /weaverx5-subthemes will be written.

alanwbaker
    Participant

Glad to hear that we’re getting closer.  My test site has the theme support plugin and I installed 5.0.1, but neither created the /weaverx5-subthemes directory, so the 404 persists. Shouldn’t the 5.x theme do that without having to manually save and import the 4.4.8 settings?

Alan

Weaver
    Keymaster

It does it automatically, but just the 1st time when launched, or when you import a pre-v5 settings file.

And note the v5.0.1 theme version broke the V5.0 plugin version, so V5.0.1 plugin is now available (or as soon as WP servers propagate).

scrambler

@alanwbaker

Keep us posted when you have the latest version of both the theme and the Theme support plugin

alanwbaker
    Participant

Scrambler, https://sirinc.org/test has the 5.0.1 theme and I just updated the support plugin to 5.0.1. The /weaverx5-subthemes directory is still missing, so the 404 persists.

Earlier I asked, Shouldn’t the 5.x theme do that without having to manually save and import the 4.4.8 settings? And Weaver replied that it only creates this the 1st time when launched.

The early 5.x code apparently failed to create this when launched. Shouldn’t the current 5.x code create it rather than expecting the webmaster to figure out what to import and how?  I support about a dozen instances with this problem and I don’t know how to proceed.

Alan

Weaver
    Keymaster

Have you actually opened either the legacy or customizer interface and then saved options? In the customizer you just need to change something, change it back and publish?

I do not know of any way that the directory and style files are not created without generating some sort of error message. Do you have some sort of special host for your server? Any sort of access restrictions?

Apparently Weaver Xtreme 4.4.8 did create its style directory, so there should be no reason that Weaver 5 can’t. I am stumped.

alanwbaker
    Participant

I made a change and published it and that added the /weaverx5-subthemes directory, so things are looking normal on my test instance. Now on to the production instances. Thank you, Weaver.

Viewing 12 posts - 17 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.