Home Forums Weaver Show Posts & Show Sliders Weaver Slider Post images not showing on MOBILE

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mafgirl
    Participant

Hello all!

I’m talking about this site here (still under construction). The images are not the final ones yet and are not wide enough at the moment, but I don;t want to do any more work until i can sort this issue out

The Issue: I used http://forum-archive.weavertheme.com/discussion/8519/slideshow-link-image-to-a-page and http://forum-archive.weavertheme.com/discussion/8749/revisit-custom-url-link-in-show-sliders to create a slideshow using images that link to a custom URL (in this case, a part of the page –  as this is a one page website) It works and looks great on a PC (hopefully a Mac too!), but on a mobile I see the underlined text: Continue reading rather than the image. the link also doesn’t work as it is trying to link to the image and you just see the name of the image.

Any ideas what I’ve done wrong here?

Thanks ever so much 🙂

scrambler

Your images do not display on IE, (I get a small cross box).

Your URLS like this one lead nowhere http://bestfaceforward.loc/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/fotolia_81174632.jpg

mafgirl
    Participant

DOH! I’d forgotten that WP puts the full url when uploading media and that’s the URL of my local WAMP site. I’ve fixed that now and the links are now all /wp-content/uploads/2015/07/fotolia_81174632.jpg etc.
    However, I still only get ‘the continue reading’ on a mobile rather than the image… when i click it it shows the photo now, so that is not the issue..

scrambler

There is indeed something strange going on, because if I reduce the browser down to a phone size I always see the image, but if I look at it on a phone I do see the continue reading.

Can you try deactivating ALL non weaver plugin and see if the issue remains?

mafgirl
    Participant

I only had Weaver plugins activated (or plugins which were recommended by Weaver). Nevertheless, now only have show posts and show sliders active (which I need to get the slideshow to work/show) and I am still getting the continue reading on mobile…

Am I able to tag weaver in this so maybe he can take a look? Thanks scrambler!

scrambler

@weaver

Can you help with this one.

on the site http://www.bestfaceforward.testurl.net/  there is a post slider at the top of the page content, showing full posts, only made of images (this is so images can link to whatever is wanted).

On desktop   we see the full posts image content, and if I shrink the desktop to a small (phone like) size we still see the images.

But if I look at the page on a phone, instead of seeing the full post, the slider now shows excerpts, which means that we only see the continue reading message.

I don’t know of any slider or filter option that would show full pots on desktop and small tablet, but excerpt on phones, so could that be a bug ?

But I cant reproduce it on a post slider so far.

@mafgirl can you confirm what options you have in the filter Post Display options box ?

Weaver
    Keymaster

@scrambler, @mafgirl,

This is a designed “feature” of smart mode mobile display.

To fix, on the Mobile option tab under Small Screen Devices, check “Show Full Blog Posts”

Basically, it is one of the main differences between smart mode and pure responsive. Switching to responsive mode would fix it, too.

scrambler

Completely overlooked that one 🙂

Better, switch to responsive mode instead of smart mode so you can get rid of the now awkward Full View Mobile View Icon on mobile ðŸ™‚

mafgirl
    Participant

Fantastic!!! Thank you @weaver that did the trick!!!
    Thanks for your help too @scrambler I can always count on awesome support on here!! I did check my filters too, bit had nothing changed there apart from the slider group

Thanks guys 🙂 🙂

Weaver
    Keymaster

@scrambler

Well, I actually had to read the code to see why that might have happened, and (re)discovered that setting. So easy to forget about the “features” that smart mode mobile allowed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.