Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Weaver Show Sliders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    morrisusan
    Participant

Will this work with Word press 4.2.2 and Weaver Extreme

Gillian

Yes.

morrisusan
    Participant

Did you have any problesm?

Gillian

No. It works very well.  Are you having problems?

morrisusan
    Participant

Not yet just noticed that it says it is not been tested with word press version 4.2.2. I wanted to see if anyone else had used it.  I installed it and am getting ready to read about it and configure it to show a jewelry slider on the main page of my web site.  I do think it will do what I want.  Thanks for your help.  I will cry help, if I have any questions tomorrow. 

Weaver
    Keymaster

Probably the vast majority of WordPress plugins, including Weaver Show Sliders and Weaver Show Posts, are updated on a different cycle than WordPress. It is not always easy or efficient to update every plugin every time WP updates – especially for sub-sub-versions (like 4.2.2). For one thing, it causes an unnecessary update of the plugin – which when multiplied by all the different plugins represents a lot of unnecessary bandwidth and effort on the part of everyone.

And, for actively supported plugins (for sure, any updated within 6 months or a year), updates to WordPress almost never cause compatibility issues with existing themes and plugins – like 99.9% of the time. (In reality, it is very likely that even plugins that haven’t been updated for several years will still work fine. WordPress is notoriously good at backward compatibility.)

So our policy is, in general, to not issue plugin updates unless there is a good reason to, and keeping up with the WP version is not necessarily a good reason. And we never update to sub-sub-versions – at most, we will specify 4.2, but never 4.2.3 or similar. The sub-sub-updates are always small fixes that never break themes or plugins.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.