Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Weaver show sliders not working in some versions of Google Chrome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Norm
    Participant

The Weaver show sliders appears to work, as expected in Apple Safari. It also works on a Google Chromebook. But it doesn’t “slide” on Google Chrome on my Apple MacBook Pro. I appear to have the latest version of Google Chrome on my Apple Laptop. Can you check it out here? Any Ideas?

http://seasons-of-smiles.com

Thanks in advance.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/show-sliders/

Weaver
    Keymaster

Your slider works fine on my Mac with latest Chrome.

If you start with the cursor over the sliding image, it will not progress until you move the cursor off the image. Any chance you were doing that?

Norm
    Participant

I thought of that.  It very well could be my Apple Laptop.  I tried rebooting, I tried resetting google chrome to original settings. As far as I can see, I have the latest version of Chrome.  It just sits there on the first slider.

Thanks for checking.  

Version 45.0.2454.93 (64-bit)

Google Chrome is up to date.
    Norm
    Participant

I am using multiple desktops using Mission Control, where Google Chrome is running on one desktop.  I’m swiping, using three fingers between my different desktops.  Is that a possibility?

Weaver
    Keymaster

Your site works perfectly on 3 different Macs I have – a Mac Pro, a MacBook Pro, and a Macbook Air.

If I swipe between desktops, the one with your site holds the slide while on a different desktop, but will resume in a second or two after going back to that page. As I said before, if the cursor happens to be over the slider banner image, it won’t cycle to the next image.
    Do you have any Chrome extensions installed. That is the only possibility of anything that would make your MacBook mess with the JavaScript that implements the slider.
    Norm
    Participant
    Bruce,

That was the answer.  I’ve been playing with Woorank, to see how the website performs, and PageXray, to see what plugins, other WordPress website are using.  It must be one of those.

If I go look at the website in incognito mode, slider works as expected.
    Thank you so much taking the time to find an answer.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.