Home Forums Weaver Show Posts & Show Sliders weaver show posts versus Advanced Recet posts Widget

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bochat 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

bochat
    Participant

I want to use weaver show posts in place of Advanced recent posts widget plugin

On this page : https://fncta-midipy.fr, in the right sidebar there is the advanced recent posts widget.

On this other page : https://fncta-midipy.fr/provisoire/ the same content is shown with weaver show posts

How can I make the widget on the second page looking like the widget on the first page and for that :

• How can I change the read more (lire la suite)  (and change it only in this place, not on the whole site)
    • How can I have less space between the posts ?
    • How can I change the text color in the widget

Thank you in advance

scrambler
    • How can I change the read more (lire la suite)  (and change it only in this place, not on the whole site)

In the filter creation page of the show post plugin, there is a box “continue reading message for excerpts” for that

• How can I have less space between the posts ?

The rules below in the theme global custom CSS rule box will reduce the space

.atw-show-posts .post, .atw-show-posts .hentry {margin-bottom:0;}
    .atw-show-posts .entry-summary p {margin-bottom:0;}

• How can I change the text color in the widget

Change the second rule above to add the color property

.atw-show-posts .entry-summary p {margin-bottom:0;color:red;}

bochat
    Participant

Thanks scrambler Merci beaucoup. The rules for color and space are working. But for the read more, if you look on the two pages now, you can see, they are still different because of the line feed (saut de ligne) before the read more. The best would be to replace the … at the end of the excerpt with my (… →)

Another (and last ) question : what rule to make the post titles in the widget small-caps like they are in the actual page ?

scrambler

I see the same on both (… →) so I am not sure what you are saying, can you elaborate?

The rule for the post title would be

.wrapper .atw-show-posts .post-title a {font-variant:small-caps;}

bochat
    Participant

It works for the small-caps. Thanks !

For the read-more, I would get rid of the linebreak between the excerpt and the read more. Now I have:

blablabla… (new line)
    (… →)

What I want is :

blablabla (… →)  same as the actual home page, whithout linebreak and without the three dots at the end of the excerpt

or at least

blablabla…(… →) with the three dots but whithour linebreak

scrambler

Best I can come up with is

.atw-show-posts .entry-summary .excerpt-dots {display:none;}

.atw-show-posts .entry-summary .more-link {float:right;}

It will be on the same line, but to the right. Beyond that, I believe you would need a child theme and edit the PHP template

bochat
    Participant

So, I must keep the actual advanced recent posts widget. for that . Nevermind, thank you very much for your help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.