Home Forums Weaver Show Posts & Show Sliders Weaver Show Posts – hiding the bottom info line

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 5 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mediblereview
    Participant

I am using Weaver Show Posts on this page: http://mediblereview.com/test-2/

using the shortcode below:

[show_posts category_name=strain-reviews cols=3 excerpt_length=25 posts_per_page=3 use_paging=true hide_bottom_info=true]

I am trying to remove the information showing below the “continue reading” button (posted in, filed under). I added the “hide_bottom_info=true” but it still shows. How can I keep that bottom part from showing up?

scrambler

Can you try checking the option in the filter definition page, and using the shortcode with the filter name instead of all the options manually.

For example, if you named the filter myposts, in Weaver post & Slider options > Filter you select your filter.

In the filter options in the post display section, you check the hide bottom post meta info and save the options

Then in your page content you either use the ADD showpost button above the editor to insert the filter, or use the shortcode with the name like

[show_posts filter=myposts]

mediblereview
    Participant

I believe the issue is because I have “Use Current Theme’s Native Post Display”.  If I disable that, the footer info disappears properly but it knocks my formatting out of wack.

scrambler

That would make sense

mediblereview
    Participant

Looks like I will have to find a different plugin then, thanks anyways.

Weaver
    Keymaster

No need for a different plugin.

Add the following Custom CSS (which should be supported by any theme):

.atw-show-posts .entry-footer {display:none;}

I tested it and it works. This will hide the stuff after the continue reading for any posts using show posts shortcode with the theme your are using. Results will vary with different themes.

mediblereview
    Participant

Thank you, that works perfectly. Sorry for my terse reply earlier, long day. 😉

scrambler

You should have said right away that “Use Current Theme’s Native Post Display” was not a viable solution 🙂

Weaver
    Keymaster

It may be that the documentation should be a bit more specific that using the Use Current Theme’s Native Post Display option will display posts however the theme does, and other options will be ignored.

If some theme provides what are technically called content templates to display the content of pages or posts using a specific WordPress technique, then Show Posts can use that code to display posts using the identical formatting that the theme natively would show. Only about 50% of themes use this standard method to do that, but it does make your posts display just like the theme. But since that display is generated by the theme, most of the visual display options that can be used with the built-in post display code internal to the plugin are not available. Sometimes if the options generate CSS, a theme will use the same post formatting classes that Weaver Xtreme and the plugin use, so they may work. Other themes don’t use the same classes, and so won’t. Other options simply cause some content to not be generated at all.

So using the native theme display option is actually quite complex. Leads to Show Posts content that will match the theme’s native display, but at the “cost” of not necessarily having the options work as checked. In this case, using the browser’s developer tools, it was possible to discover the <div> that wrapped the meta info of the theme’s native format, and hide it when used in a show post with custom CSS.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.