Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Weaver Pro II to Weaver Xtreme Plus

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    IBNu2WP
    Participant

It’s been several years, but I have 3 websites where the client has been reluctant to migrate themes. Weaver Pro II has finally reached its end of stage. Any changes to theme or even updating plugins, breaks the theme. So, that said, is the instructions for migration still applicable? And where can I find those procedures? Thanks.

IBNu2WP
    Participant

I also read that I need to be on the old version 2.2.9. I’m on 2.2.4 of the Pro version.

scrambler

This is the procedure from the Guide site

Converting a Weaver II (Pro) or Aspen site to Weaver Xtreme – Weaver Xtreme Guide (weavertheme.com)

and yes it is best to first update weaver II pro to its latest version 2.2.9  if you can still download it from your account.

IBNu2WP
    Participant

Ok. Thanks.

2,2.9 is not available to available to me with my xtreme plus login.

Not sure I still have Pro II login

Weaver
    Keymaster

I think that 2.2.4 is the last version available. Don’t know about a 2.2.9 version.

At this point, depending on the features and design of the Weaver II Pro theme, I really think it is easier to simply start from scratch and more or less duplicate the design while in Weaver Xtreme.

IBNu2WP
    Participant

@weaver

All I am going by is Scrambler’s reply in October 2020 about 2.2.9: (Though the download page states that 2.2.4 was the latest release; maybe that was a typo)

Weaver II Pro depreciated items

2.2.9 is an update of 2.2.4 so that will conserve all your settings. Plus , you will need to be on it to do the conversion to Xtreme in the future.

That said as a matter of precaution, always save and download a copy locally beforehand.

As for the errors, no idea, @weaver may know more.

That said, I would much rather spend 6 hours converting the website than rebuilding from scratch.  I have been using Weaver Themes for years now, and understand that Weaver Pro is obsolete.  But in an attempt to retain 3 customers when business is down with COVID-19, I would like the opportunity to salvage as much as I can.

It appears that all of the plugins that I need for conversion are still available.  So, I am asking if the procedures are basically the same.

Thanks.

scrambler

Sorry about the confusion, 2.2.9 is weaver not weaver II

you can go ahead and convert weaver II pro 2.2.4

IBNu2WP
    Participant

No problem.  Ok, I was able to restore a backup set from October and found that it is WP 5.6 that breaks the theme.  It appears to lose the stylesheet.  So with the restore, I now can proceed to update to Xtreme.

Thanks for your help.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I haven’t tried any old test sites with Weaver II in a long time, but I’m not surprised that WP 5.6 might break it. WP 5.6 had many major internal structural changes, as well as other modernization changes, including PHP versions required.

IBNu2WP
    Participant

This process seems to be going much smoother than when I converted the other sites a long time ago. And the fact that Weaver II Pro lasted as long as it did is a testimony to what quality themes you build.

But, I am hung up on one last item, last website – go Figure 🙂

In the Footer area, the code copied from Pro to Xtreme perfectly, but it doesn’t appear to be working. The first link that you see below is on the Xtreme cloned site and you will notice &#8226 appears instead of the bullet.
    https://prnt.sc/x84vja

On the same cloned site, if I switch back to Pro II, the bullets appear. Same code as in the Xtreme Footer
    https://prnt.sc/x85dd0 https://prnt.sc/x85dd0

I don’t understand why this would be happening. Any thoughts?

scrambler

If we are speaking about tge black box , I am confused because this is an Image (link below), so the theme cannot be involved in what is in that image

//image.prntscr.com/image/-IswetQGT2iNqjJGK7m48w.png

It looks like the content of that box is managed by a script /plugin, so you need to find more about that from whoever is providing the script.

You may also want to paste here the content you used (if HTML or script, use the preformatted paragraph style in the post tools for it

IBNu2WP
    Participant

I still don’t think I got to load correctly. See https://prnt.sc/x8b26g

IBNu2WP
    Participant

I figured it out. •
    HTML replacement for ASCII Code in 5.6

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.