Home Forums Archived Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Version 2.2

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Weaver
    Keymaster

We’ve just released Weaver II Version 2.2 (and Weaver II Pro Version 2.2).

This new version requires a special, one-time manual update process. Please see Update Weaver II for instructions for this one-time update process.

Login to http://pro.weavertheme.com if you have the Weaver II Pro version.

Cain
    Participant

Thx, just updated, no problems at all.

GR8FL
    Participant

What has been changed?

nevermind… read the link: http://weavertheme.com/update-weaver-ii/
    laura
    Participant

Hi Bruce,

I just updated two sites that will continue to use Weaver II. I had no problem at all with the upgrade to Weaver 2.2

Thank you for continuing to support Weaver II.

shademan
    Participant

So I’m following the instructions, but my weaver II pro theme still says that it’s version 1.2.7.  I’ve tried this 3 or 4 times.  Any tips on getting the upgrade to stick?

scrambler

if you are on 1.2.7 you are on a VERY old version.

I suggest you make sure you have the weaver II theme Extra plugin installed.

Then in the Save restore page, click Save to save a copy of your settings in the database, and also click on Download ALL settings to download one locally.

Then switch to a different theme, delete Weaver II, and reinstall the latest version from scratch.

All your settings should be back automatically. 

shademan
    Participant

Thanks for the tips.  This seems quite risky, as my site generates solid income.  No other way except deleting the theme?  If not, i’ll have to pick a low production time and get it done.

scrambler

It is not any more risky than doing an update 🙂

But if you have Weaver II theme extra installed, checked if you have a section

*** Update Weaver II theme from .zip file on your computer. ***

At the bottom of the save restore page. If so (don’t remember at which version it was available) you can use that.

Nevertheless, you should do that when you will have some time to check everything, because given you are on a VERY old version, you may need to tweak some things

shademan
    Participant

yeah, I have weaver II extra installed.  I’ve tried running the zip file, but it doesn’t seem to work, and still holds on the old version, so I’ll have to schedule a time to try things the way you suggested.

Adshap
    Participant

Thanks for continuing to update Weaver 2 pro. While I eventually plan on switching to Weaver Xtreme (I actually have already bought the license), it’s nice to know that you are still continuing to support the original.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Some of the design features of Weaver II have become a bit dated, but the theme is mature, and there have not been any significant bugs discovered for over a year. It is quite stable, but since it must remain compatible with all the current sites, it is really difficult to even try to add new features or “fix” some of the outdated features.

So, we will update any security issues, and perhaps add support for any new major WordPress features added in the future.

But for now, Weaver II is a solid, well tested theme.

RhondaHolscher
    Participant

I’m currently using 2.1.12. I tried the update the way it said here http://weavertheme.com/update-weaver-ii/ and nothing happened. I have Weaver II Extra installed so that’s not the issue. 

Since it wouldn’t let me install it the way you suggested I tried it the way I had been doing it through the themes section of the dashboard, but that royally messed up my site. So I restored it. 
    Any suggestions for updating? I have other sites I need to update, but before I try those I want to figure this one out and move on from there. 
    Just in case you want to know what it did. 
    This is my website: http://rhondasvirtualoffice.com and what’s it’s supposed to look like. 
    scrambler

I would suggest re downloading the latest version 2.2.1  from your pro account to make sure you don’t have a corrupted zip file. make sure to download as Zip and not extracted.

Then go back to the Save restore page and do the update at the bottom under *** Update Weaver II theme from .zip file on your computer. *** 

RhondaHolscher
    Participant

Okay, I will try that probably won’t be till this weekend though. I will let you know if I have any further issues. 

Thanks you @scrambler for your help!
    Rhonda
    lewis_bates
    Participant

Unable to Log into the site for upgrade to Pro 2.2. Refuses to reset password. can you assist?

NCwriter
    Participant

I have Weaver II version 2.2.1. (not Pro)..  Does the converter to Xtreme work for Weaver II Pro only? The instructions seem to be for Pro only. Are there any for the free version?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘ Weaver II Theme’ is closed to new topics and replies.