Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Weaver II upgrade (I know!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nickrobinson
    Participant

Finally trying to upgrade a site to extreme. I’ve installed the Weaver II Theme Extras but there is no option under save/restore to save settings to a file, only to the database. Without it, I can’t then run the “II to extreme” plugin. Any quick fix? I tried deactivating all plugins. Sorry this is an oldĀ  legacy question!

scrambler

This does not make sense, as far as I remember there was always an option to download a copy of the settings on the computer.

What version of the theme and plugin are you running. Make sure it is the latest (2.2.4 and 2.3.4)and if not download and install that first

https://weavertheme.com/archive-downloads/

Eventually take a screenshot of your save and restore page.

Just in case below if the link to the conversion article

https://guide.weavertheme.com/converting-a-weaver-ii-pro-or-aspen-site-to-weaver-xtreme/

nickrobinson
    Participant

I’m running 1.1.7 and it won’t allow me to upgrade it

Destination folder already exists. /www/htdocs/w0063151/llorg/wp-content/themes/weaver-ii/
    Theme installation failed.

There are no options for theme upgrades that I can find ;(

scrambler

Wow, this is an old version of WII….

You can update the theme using the plugin called easy theme and plugin upgrades.

Once that is installed and you have downloaded the latest version of the theme am plugin, go to theme > Add New, and load the new version, it should take care of replacing the old one.

Do the same for the extra plugin if needed (Plugin > Add New..)

nickrobinson
    Participant

Many thanks, I got there in the end. These days I update themes more often and also use child themes, so this should be a one-off!

scrambler

With weaver, there only is a need for child theme if you are making PHP changes.

For CSS, the theme has all you need and saves it with the rest of the theme settings

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.