Home Forums Archived Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Pro Weaver II (Pro) – Wide menu, Center menu, Add login to menu bar doesn’t work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ldekay
    Participant

I just created a new Weaver II Pro test website with wide menus and the login in the menu bar. When the menu is centered the login link doesn’t work, but when I uncheck Center Menu it works fine. Is there a fix for this problem other than leaving the menu uncentered?

I’ll leave the website (http://whitesalmonevents.com/iafi/) menu centered until I get a reply.
    Thanks
    scrambler
    That is a weird overlay issue coming from the way the centering is done.
    Add the rule below in Advanced options > Head Section > Custom CSS Rule box to fix it
    #access .menu-add {position:relative;z-index:200;}
    Weaver
    Keymaster

If you are creating a NEW Weaver II site, we would HIGHLY recommend using Weaver Xtreme instead. It has been completely re-written, and is much easier to customize.

ldekay
    Participant

Thanks Scrambler – that worked perfectly

So Weaver –

If I start using Xtreme will I be able to easliy change over the 20+ websites I currently have built using Weaver II Pro? Or will I have to make the mental leap between the two themes when I go to the respective websites?

And will I get a credit toward Xtreme Pro for my previous purchase of Weaver II Pro?

scrambler

The conversion process is described here.

http://forum.weavertheme.com/discussion/11303/converting-a-weaver-ii-pro-or-aspen-site-to-weaver-xtreme

It does require a bit of work but so far people have had a fairly easy experience, and once you have done one, the others will be even easier. That said if you have some very special customization of the layout, it may require a bit of rethinking to use the new layout feature of Xtreme instead of complicated custom CSS.

As for any mental leap, I would not be concerned, the logic in Xtreme is the same as in Weaver II, things are just more rational and you have more options, but if anything, options are easier to find.

But ultimately given Weaver II pro is end of life, it is only a matter of time before you have to upgrade to Xtreme, so I would stay the sooner you get use to it the better 🙂

Weaver
    Keymaster

Note that I did say NEW sites. There is no particular reason, at this point, to convert existing and stable sites from Weaver II Pro.

There are no credits for existing Weaver II Pro licenses, and your particular case is a perfect example why Weaver Xtreme has a new license model. While Weaver II Pro was a great deal for site builders, it turned out to not be such a good model for the theme developer. Weaver II Pro was not getting a lot of new customers. The new model will help for the long term support, and has a more fair model for multiple sites.

So, Weaver Xtreme and Weaver Xtreme Plus will continue with active development and support, while Weaver II will get only minimal support for WP incompatibilities (as in the recent update for WP 4.3).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘ Weaver II Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.