Home Forums Weaver for bbPress weaver for bbpress translation

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Weaver 1 year ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

coolpaie
    Participant

Hello, i have create the french mo and po for french translation from the weaver-for-bbpress.pot with poedit.

I name the weaver-for-bbpress-fr_FR.po and weaver-for-bbpress-fr_FR.mo and place them in wp-content/plugins/weaver-for-bbpress/languages.

But it’s not working.

Is it not the good name ?

Thanks

scrambler

@weaver will have to answer that one, but he will not be back until monday

Weaver
    Keymaster

@coolpaie

I would very much like to include your translations in the official release.

If you will email me the translations directly ([email protected]), I will include them in the plugin release. I don’t think you naming convention is quite correct, but I will test them to be sure they work automatically when WP is installed with French.

coolpaie
    Participant

Hello,

my translation his not complete at all but i need it for some important translation in our site.

What is the correct naming convention for weaver-for-bbpress ? I know it have to finish by fr_FR !

Thanks

Weaver
    Keymaster

The processed .po translation file should be called weaver-for-bbpress-fr_FR.mo

I think the current version of the plugin might not be loading the text domain correctly. I will send you a link to a corrected version by e-mail.

coolpaie
    Participant

Hello, i receive your correction but you send me it by google drive and i don’t have the authorization to open it. I send you a request for my google mail coolpaieATgmail.fr.

Thanks

Private Reply

Weaver
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.

coolpaie
    Participant

ok no problem, i send you the po file by mail.

thanks

Weaver
    Keymaster

@coolpaie

I’ve just published Weaver for bbPress Version 1.0.2. This seem to work with .mo files now. Should show up on your auto-update notices very soon. Sometimes it takes an hour or two, but it is usually faster than that.

I updated the weaver-for-bbpress.pot file, so that may change your translation.

It is now also easy to add your own translations so that you don’t need to worry about new versions of the plugin.

Simply upload your .mo file to /wp-content/languages/plugins/weaver-for-bbpress-fr_FR.mo – and it should work. Not sure how long this new WP core feature has been available, but it sure makes things easier!

coolpaie
    Participant

Yes thanks, good job, it’s working !

It is now also easy to add your own translations so that you don’t need to worry about new versions of the plugin.
    I use a function in the child theme to do this. But thanks anyway.

2 things

1 – The word ‘View:’ Is not translatable. I cant find it in the pot file.
    2 – The sentence ‘Set as Private Reply readable only by you, the topic author, and Moderators.’ is not translated even if the translation exist in the po and mo files !

can you fix that ?

Thanks again

Weaver
    Keymaster

2 things:

1. View: was not properly wrapped in __(). That has been added.
    2. I don’t understand the 2nd one – that string IS in the new .pot file as:
      “Enable: <em><strong>Private Replies</strong></em> readable only by ”
      “Moderators and topic originator. (Styled with .bbp-private-reply)”

As far as I know, adding HTML inside a translation string should work, even if it is not ideal. Perhaps this string was updated from the original Weaver for bbPress .pot file?

I will wait a bit before publishing the next version of the plugin to see if you encounter more missing translation strings.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Note: upon review, I see that the current version has many missing translation wrappers. I have updated them, and will publish a new version.

coolpaie
    Participant

Hi

for the second point :

Yes the string IS in the pot but if i translate it in the po the translation not appear on the site. The string stay in english in contrary of the other strings.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I tested that string in a en_US.mo translation (just modify the words a bit to see if the translation is taking), and that one worked for me, so I’m not sure what is going on.

I’ve built a new .pot file with quite a few more strings, and that will be in the version I’m going to publish momentarily.

wp-henne
    Participant

Hello,

I’ll bring up the theme again.

The translation does not work because there are two text domains in the wvrbbp-private-reply.php file:

weaver-for-bbpress and bbp_private_replies

I’ve changed 3 times bbp_private_replies into weaver-for-bbpress and everything is going.

May this will be fixed at feature release?

If you like, i’ll provide german language!

THX and regads

Henry

Weaver
    Keymaster

That is a bug for sure, and will fix it asap.

Would welcome a German translation. Email the .pot to [email protected].

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.