Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Weaver Extreme Plus causing error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ajmiller
    Participant

I have a message “This plugin failed to load properly and is paused during recovery mode”.

I am currently in ‘recovery’ mode via WordPress. I have a lengthy error message which starts:-

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 31 of the file /home/belnorth/public_html/wp-content/plugins/weaver-xtreme-plus/includes/weaver_xplus_admin_smartmenus.php

Any help appreciated to get this sorted.

Thanks

ajmiller
    Participant

Update:- received a message from WordPress with the following info:-

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
    WordPress version 5.9.3
    Current theme: Weaver Xtreme (version 5.0.6)
    Current plugin: (version )
    PHP version 7.4.29

Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_PARSE was caused in line 1 of the file /home/belnorth/public_html/wp-content/themes/weaver-xtreme/admin/admin-core/admin-page-posts-meta-boxes.php. Error message: syntax error, unexpected ‘if’ (T_IF)

scrambler

@weaver would need to have to comment on this.

Weaver
    Keymaster

You are using Weaver Xtreme 5.0.6.  The file mentioned in the message is from the theme, and not the plugin. It may be corrupted as Line 1 in version 5.0.7 does not match the error message.

Please update to 5.0.7 and try again.

ajmiller
    Participant

Thanks, that worked. I don’t understand why the theme didn’t update automatically though. Thanks again.

Weaver
    Keymaster

I think there is a separate WP setting to auto-update themes vs. plugins. Both require auto-update to be enabled. Otherwise you just get the notifications on the Update tab on the backend page.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.