Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme We Run a Financial News Site With Weaver 2.2.6: Is It Compatible With PHP 7.2?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pamk741
    Participant

Our host attempted to upgrade our website two days ago to php 7.2 and 7-year old content from very old posts jumped to the top half of our website. It took about 3 hours to repair the problem. The tech folks at our host could not say definitively if the problem was the theme or something else. The only plugins we use are the Subscribe 2 button; Yoast SEO; AskorAny Social Media Share Button and Statcounter.

(The website is a public interest website reporting on Wall Street crimes against the public — WallStreetOnParade.com.) Our readers love the Weaver theme as much as we do and I am very reluctant to change it since it is so flexible, aesthetically pleasing, and hasn’t given us a problem in 8 years.

We are financial researchers/writers with extremely limited tech knowledge. If Weaver 2.2.6 is no longer a good choice for php upgrades, is there another Weaver theme that we could pay for that would allow us to have a similar design.

We would deeply appreciate any guidance.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Sorry – But Weaver 2.2.6 is now unsupported.

I can’t honestly answer if it is PHP 7.2 compatible or not. It is quite possible that it is not compatible, or has issues with the latest versions of WP.

Weaver Xtreme has even more capability of Weaver 2.2.6, but there is no automatic conversion path. Most users doing a conversion find it is not all that difficult to do a manual conversion – but it might take at least a few hours.

I wish I had better news for you.

scrambler

WallStreetOnParade.com is a fairly straightforward website, you should be able to transition to the Free Weaver Xtreme fairly easily.

You can just install weaver Xtreme from WordPress.org, switch to it and select a subtheme as close to your current design as possible.

Then if you need help tweaking the design, just post here and we can help.

If you run into any major issue, you can always switch back to the old weaver 2.2x until we figure it out.

pamk741
    Participant

We deeply appreciate both of your input.

It is wonderful to know that there is a path forward for us with Weaver.

IBNu2WP
    Participant

Actually it is compatible to PHP 7.3 as I have a few stragglers that refuse to have their website upgraded.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.