Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme WE+ – custom font not displaying in KitKat

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christen
    Participant

https://artisansportal.com/

I notice that on my iPhone & iPad the Papyrus font renders fine, but that on my ASUS tablet running 4.4.4 KitKat, it uses a default serif font. 
    Will I need to load the Papyrus font to the site for it to render on android devices, or is there some other work around? I don’t want to buy Papyrus if I don’t have to…
    Also, I see that my site navigation shifts from the right to the left on the iPhone & the ASUS, but not on the iPad. Is this typical or is there a setting I am missing?
    Thanks again!
    C~
    scrambler

All browsers do not support All fonts, and there is nothing you can do about that (that I know of). The only way I know to have unsupported fonts appear anywhere is to convert the text into an image.

As far as your remark about navigation shifting, do you mean the transition from the menu bar to the Mobile menu?

If so, this is based on screen resolution, and some Ipad have the screen resolution of a desktop, so it may not transition to the mobile menu on them.
    Given you have “Plus” you can use the Smart menus and experiment with raising the threshold for the Mobile menu (both otptions are at the top of the MAin Options > Menu page).
    The default transition resolution is 768px, I think if you raise that just a bit, you should be able to make the mobile menu appear on Ipad.

Weaver
    Keymaster

You can load Google fonts explicitly to avoid the default android fonts. (with Weaver Xtreme Plus).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.