July 28, 2017 at 19:06 UTC - Views: 109 #50443Private Reply
businessnaplesParticipantThis reply has been marked as private.August 2, 2017 at 08:59 UTC - Views: 98 #50543
I also have this issue. It is very frustrating.August 2, 2017 at 09:09 UTC - Views: 98 #50544
I just solved it – I deactivated Weaver Xtreme Theme Support (3.1.8) and it was solved. Then re-activating it left the visual editor working!August 2, 2017 at 17:06 UTC - Views: 89 #50548
This knucklas solution did not work for me. Deactivating did not solve the problem nor did reactivating. When I deactivate the Weaver Plus plugin the problem is resolved but reactivating just causes the problem to return.August 2, 2017 at 18:34 UTC - Views: 86 #50554
I am working on this. Likely has something to do with recent WordPress changes to how it uses TinyMCE editor.August 2, 2017 at 18:43 UTC - Views: 89 #50555
The problem seems to be related to loading a font picker on the visual editor tool bar.
There is a work around for now – requires Weaver Xtreme Theme support plugin.
On the Appearance : Weaver Xtreme Admin : Advanced Options : Admin Options page, check:
Disable Page/Post Font Family/Size Selection – Checking this box will disable the Weaver Xtreme Plus Font Family and Size options in the Page/Post editor. This option does not apply to the base Weaver Xtreme theme.
That removes that button, but the visual editor works. Should be able to find a fix soon.August 2, 2017 at 22:43 UTC - Views: 91 #50561
I found the issue – and it is not the theme, but rather bad values when you added the Spinnaker google font.
The correct values for Spinnaker should be:
<link href=”https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Spinnaker” rel=”stylesheet”>
font-family: ‘Spinnaker’, sans-serif;”;
Your values were:
<link href=”https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Allura|Spinnaker” rel=”stylesheet”>
font-family: ‘Spinnaker’, sans-serif;
font-family: ‘Allura’, cursive;”;
Apparently TinyMCE (the visual editor) does not like getting two fonts at a time. Each font must be added separately. I will try to add some check to the Font interface to prevent this in the future.
I changed the setting on your site to use the correct Spinnaker entry. If you also want Allura, you will have to add it separately.
But – this was not exactly a theme error – just a failure to completely validate the data provided.
Thank you for providing access to your site to check this out.August 2, 2017 at 22:58 UTC - Views: 74 #50562
Thank you very much for finding and fixing this. I could have never found it! This is why I use Weaver Themes for all my sites! Great support!August 2, 2017 at 23:12 UTC - Views: 86 #50563
After looking at the Weaver font interface, it does say add only one font at a time, but it is not very obvious. But really, having invalid font specifications for a font provided to TinyMCE should not make it fail. I’m guessing the bug in TinyMCE was having the font-family specification on separate lines, but who knows.
I made the “only one font” note a bit more obvious, and will check for more than one theme specification per <link> value. Having more than one font selected from the Google Font interface is relatively new – and it is natural to simply copy the values for the Weaver link/font-family fields when you’ve selected a couple of fonts. Hopefully your experience will help prevent this for other users in the future, and will also help us provide an alternate suggestion for why the visual editor doesn’t work.August 9, 2017 at 04:56 UTC - Views: 68 #50712
I’m also having the same issue with the Visual Editor (tab is there but will not activate on click).
I have not checked off “Disable Visual Editor..” or “allow raw html” on Post Editor Options.
This issue happened after I installed and activated the Weaver Show Slider Plugin.
This issue goes away when I deactivate the Weaver Xtreme Plug Plugin.
I have WP 4.7.5, Weaver Xtreme 3.1.8, Theme Support 3.1.8, Xtreme Plus 3.1.1
*** UPDATE – I just read @weaver most recent reply about adding two fonts at a time. OOPS, I did this too! Where do I go to correct this?August 9, 2017 at 07:05 UTC - Views: 61 #50713
I figured it out. I used the inspect tool in Chrome to look at the <head> section.
Like @businessnaples, I had added two fonts at the same time, which resulted in this:
<link href=”https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oregano|Roboto” rel=”stylesheet”>
<link href=”https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Oregano” rel=”stylesheet”>
My list of added fonts showed both fonts – Oregano and Roboto – but there was no separate <link href…> for Roboto.
I checked the Roboto font to delete it.
And the Visual Editor was restored!
Thank you so much @weaver for finding the needle in the haystack.August 9, 2017 at 17:17 UTC - Views: 36 #50721
The next release of Weaver Xtreme Plus will be able to detect when you’ve specified more than one font and warn you.
But the only solution now is to delete the font that is listed (probably the first one in the multiple added list), and then readd each font one at a time.August 11, 2017 at 04:37 UTC - Views: 34 #50761
I have had a similar issue, the background color and text color in the visual editor would not change when updated inder Page/Post Editor BG:
I have just rolled back the Weaver Xtreme Theme Support plugin to 3.1.6 and it now works again.
Just tested this in firefox, edge and IE it only appears it was an issue in Chrome.August 11, 2017 at 13:36 UTC - Views: 19 #50766August 21, 2017 at 23:48 UTC - Views: 11 #51009
Thanks, Weaver, this fixed my problems with the visual editor as well!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.