Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Video over header

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tix
    Participant

I have a question about this, too:

I’ve done this with a self-hosted video with Weaver II Pro as a header gadget on the index page.
    Having the normal header and with a gadget at 50% from the left, so the video plays on the right + hiding it on mobile. 
    The same sytem I use for displaying blog RSS feed elsewhere.

Now with weaver Xtreme Plus, I suppose I have to use header widgets to get the same result?

Have a nice day.

scrambler

This discussion was created from comments split from: Video in Header.

scrambler

If you want the video over the header (like the gadget were), you can put your video shortcode in the header HTML area, then move it over the header using the method described in item 2 of that tutorial thread

http://forum.weavertheme.com/discussion/10343/weaver-xtreme-tips-and-tutorial-part-2#Item_1

tix
    Participant

Thanks scrambler, that is a good option.  If I would redo the header using 2 header widgets, I suppose I can have the vid display on mobile too when adding the needed @media to stack them at 100% width?

Have a nice day.

scrambler

I am not quite following.

But as far as the header widget area is concerned, it has automatic stacking on mobile, and if you have plus, you have full control of the layout on each of the three device sizes from the admin interface, no need for CSS.

Read: http://forum.weavertheme.com/discussion/10342/weaver-xtreme-tips-and-tutorials-part-1#Item_1

tix
    Participant

OK. Thanks.
    I’m still in “experimenting mode” with the new theme & reading around on forum. 

One other thing:
    I noticed that when I convert a site that was using the “blank” subtheme, Xtreme converts it as using  the “plain” subtheme, while there is still a blank subtheme available. Do you know the cause/reason for that?

Have a nice day.

scrambler

Sub Theme are just the base theme with a specific set of options.

When you convert the theme, it takes the base theme and generate a set of options for it that matches the original.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Using self-hosted video is turning out to be riddled with issues on responsiveness that so far don’t have any easy solutions.

tix
    Participant

Thank you.

@weaver
    I’m hosting it because it’s only up on 1 page and had to put it up quickly with no previous experience of putting vids on websites.
    Tried youtube but got into problems because it took too much time to load, giving me a black space while loading + couldn’t get rid of controls or get it on loop. Since it is for now still hidden on mobile, I’ll educate myself on this subject later. Have a lot of sites to convert first and making use of the occasion to clean up the css files. The new theme is a lot of fun but I’m getting a bit of a headache 🙂

By the way:Lists – <HR> – Tables  I’m missing the option  “Custom bullet url”.  Is that moved under another tab?

Have a nice day.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Custom bullets were removed, but aren’t too difficult to add with custom CSS.

See: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_list-style-image.asp

tix
    Participant

Thank you. Can see why you got rid of it since it was often problematic to align these custom bullets.
    I’m reading the parallax threads now. Gives me some great design ideas. Since I’m doing a lot of re-design while putting on the new theme can just as well dive into that too.
    Xtreme is really a great theme and even more so when extended with the Plus plugin. Thanks for creating it.

Have a nice day.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.