Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Various (small) issues after updating to WordPress 5.4.1

Topic Resolution: Answered
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Answered
    ealvarez
    Participant

Hello,

Since I have updated to WordPress 5.4.1 from 5.3.x, I have several little issues. 

A) The first main issue is linked to various options to search inside my website (blog). 

Example 1: I wanted to add keywords from the list of the most used keywords, but they did not load. I was able to add them manually, though.  

Example 2: I wanted to link to another text inside the blog and usually I have a list of my previous texts. Also, I can usually find one rapidly with a keyword or two. But this time, nothing appeared. I had to manually retrieve the text and add the link. 

Example 3: I am able to add images to the library, however, when I want to add an image in the text from the main button « Add media », it spins forever and nothing appears. I had to use the link of the image to insert it.

B) Second main issue is about the widgets 

I’m just unable to change anything it seems. At first, I wanted to deactivate one, but after I moved it to the appropriate zone, I had a « spin » that won’t stop. Also, I wanted to change a small text, but was unable to do it. Here also, the system starts to spin without an intention to stop! 

C) What I have tried

I have reinstalled WordPress 5.4.1… nothing has changed. 

I have deactivated some plugins, but with no effect. However, I was anxious to deactivate all plugins and to mess with my website, particularly the Weaver Xtreme Plus plugin. So, I did not push too much my luck on this side. 

D) Question:

Could it be an incompatibility with the latest version of Weaver Extreme and WordPress? (I have the latest for both… full settings below)

Thanks! 

E) My settings

— WordPress Configuration —

Site URL: https://laforetacoeur.ca/blog
    Home URL: https://laforetacoeur.ca/blog
    Multisite: No
    Version: 5.4.1
    Language: fr_FR
    WP_DEBUG: Disabled
    WP Memory Limit: 40M
    Permalink: /%postname%/
    Show On Front: posts
    Page On Front: n/a
    Page For Posts: n/a
    Current Theme: Weaver Xtreme (4.3.4)
    Post Types: post, page, attachment, revision, nav_menu_item, custom_css, customize_changeset, oembed_cache, user_request, wp_block

— Weaver Xtreme Configuration —

Weaver Xtreme Version: 4.3.4
    Theme Support Version: 4.0.3
    Xtreme Plus Version: 3.1.1

— Server Configuration —

Operating System: Linux
    PHP Version: 7.3.18
    MySQL Version: 10.1.44
    jQuery Version: 1.12.4-wp
    Server Software: Apache

— PHP Configuration —

Local Memory Limit: 256M
    Server Memory Limit: 256M
    Post Max Size: 128M
    Upload Max Filesize: 128M
    Time Limit: 30
    Max Input Vars: 1000
    Display Errors: N/A

— WordPress Active Plugins —

All In One WP Security: 4.4.3
    Captcha Pro: 1.4.1
    Classic Editor: 1.5
    Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades: 2.0.1
    Login Security Solution: 0.56.0
    Mashshare Share Buttons: 3.7.5
    Weaver Show Posts: 1.5
    Weaver Xtreme Plus: 3.1.1
    Weaver Xtreme Theme Support: 4.0.5
    WP Edit Pro: 4.4.2
    WP to Twitter: 3.4.4

— WordPress Inactive Plugins —

### End System Info ###

scrambler

We have no experience or reported issue with WP 5.4.1

Given you said you already redid the update, I would try to deactivate ALL non weaver plugins and see if that fixes the issue.

@Weaver
    may be able to check your other version like PHP and comment

ealvarez
    Participant

Thanks for the answer and the suggestion @scrambler : ) However, deactivating all the non weaver plugins did nothing to improve the situation.

Best Answer
    Weaver
    Keymaster

This reply has been accepted as the best answer.

All of the issues describe should not be affected by the theme one way or another.

Almost sounds like a permalink issue. Go the the main backend dashboard, open seettings – permalink, and just save them again.

Another thing to try is to look at your error log file from your site control panel to see if there are PHP errors listed. You can also edit your wp_config.php file to set DEBUG to true to see if you get error messages.

ealvarez
    Participant

Thanks for the tips @weaver! Will look into that.

Private Reply
    ealvarez
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    scrambler

Have you asked your host provider?

ealvarez
    Participant

I have asked about recent changes to the servers, but nothing there. However, I realize I may a have a nasty bug about authorization! Thanks for the help both of you!

ealvarez
    Participant

To complete this thread, I learned, after many requests for help from my web hosting company, that they had tricked a .htaccess file. The aim, for what I understood, was to protect the website against attacks (they seem to have many attacks recently). But doing so, they accidentally removed some of my privileges of administrators. Finally, they “tricked” again a .htaccess file and I am fine. Thanks for the help!

scrambler

Thank you for reporting back

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.