Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme V4 Alpha – Weaver Xtreme with Weaver Slider Posts & navigation links

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 1 day, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Joerg_Knoerchen

Hello Bruce,

many thanks for the new version.

Has there been any specific change for next/previous navigation?

As I experience the following difference (please see the lower right corner):

Current live page (3.9.x version)

http://satzgrafik-dalley.de/editorial-design/page/3/

Stage page (alpha 4 version)

https://kunden.sensorgrafie.de/susanne/editorial-design/page/3/

Cheers

Joerg

Weaver
    Keymaster

The staging site does not have the Font Awesome loaded.

Joerg_Knoerchen

Mhm all other plugins are activated that are turned on at the live site as well. Or did I miss a setting?

Weaver
    Keymaster

I looked at the HTML out, and the Font Awesome fonts are not being loaded. I assume that is from some plugin.

Joerg_Knoerchen

I just downgraded the stage to the same 3.9 version of Weaver Xtreme and the page looks pretty again, means the navigation is not showing.

Are there any changes in CSS classes made in V4.x?

Weaver
    Keymaster

There are some new classes, and for wrapper, header, container, and footer, a new sub-wrapping <div> has been added. But none of these should affect previous CSS rules.

So I just looked at the stage site you reverted to 3.2.3 (the alpha is 3.9.x), and the font awesome fonts are loaded, apparently from Font Awesome 4 Menus plugin. I did not see that being loaded from the previous version with 3.9 loaded. I don’t know why that might be, but the behavior I was seeing was consistent with no font definitions – I was seeing the next/previous labeling, and an “unknown character” symbol where the font awesom arrows are in the other versions.

If you put it back to 3.9 alpha, I’ll look again. Perhaps there is some incompatibility with the menu font pugin.

Joerg_Knoerchen

Ok, I have uploaded V4 alpha again.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Now the font awesome font is there.

I can’t see the difference between the two.

This is driving me crazy – I can’t see what might be going on. I compared the output HTML and generated Weaver CSS file of the two sites, and there are no significant differences. Weaver Xtreme 4 Alpha has switched how it clears-both from an inline style to a class, but that shouldn’t have anything to do with this issue.

The one thing you could try is to disable the scheme.org output on the staging site (legacy -> advanced -> Site Options). That adds some <div>s, but I’ve yet to find issues other than the problem with show_sliders showing posts instead of images.

Maybe @scrambler can see something I’m not.

scrambler

OK, so first, both have the same content, the navigation text is there in both, and the arrows are made with a before: CSS.

In the older version, the text is hidden, but for the life of me, I cant find how.

Also, if I shrink the browser on the older “good” version, the text actually shows up.

This makes me think you may have used some CSS to hide navigation text and it is not quite right, but again I don’t know how.

@weaver, do you know if the Plugin is taking care of hiding the text so only the arrow show up, is that a standard thing?

As far as hiding the text for good (on both old at small browser size, and new), the CSS below seems to do the job

#atw-show-posts-navigation .page-numbers {background:transparent !important;color:transparent !important;border:none;}

Weaver
    Keymaster

The code to show the arrows via ::before was strictly something Joerg tried. There are no provisions in the theme to hide portions of the previous/next links

I just don’t understand why one version works (or at least appears to work) and the other doesn’t. I don’t know how it could be.

The staging version does use some kind of browser monitoring plugin that the other doesn’t, so that could factor in, too. But mostly, the difference in the theme CSS between the two simply should not make any difference.

scrambler

I joerg can tell us how he hid the link text on some browser sizes it would help

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.