Home Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Pro upgrading from weaver II pro

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  scrambler 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 22 total)
  • Author

scottmacd
    Participant

Hi There I am looking to upgrade from weaver II pro

I have a website here https://www.hutsandcabins.co.uk/ which is doing very well

it was built on weaver II pro but now I am looking to upgrade but not sure best upgrade to go for ?

I would like to be able to add more search facilities and have 4/5 columns showing the listings rather than only 3 if possible.

I appreciate your feedback

thanks

scrambler

The upgrade / Conversion  is Weaver Xtreme, the detailed procedure is below

https://guide.weavertheme.com/converting-a-weaver-ii-pro-or-aspen-site-to-weaver-xtreme/

Once converted, we can work with you for the columns.

Search is provided by WordPress by default, but you can Add Google search to your site or look into plugins

scottmacd
    Participant

thank you

scottmacd
    Participant

thanks I have done this now though can’t seem to get the post headings to show below the featured images

scrambler

Featured image settings are in Main options > Post specifics > Featured image.

If you want the featured image at the top and the post title below, you chose the option “banner above title”

make sure you select that for the page type you are dealing with, Post page full post, post page excerpts or single post page

Private Reply

scottmacd
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

scrambler

What you are showing on the reference site is simply a content area and a Sidebar on the right which is standard in Xtreme, so not sure what you mean

scrambler

If you meant you want the content section to be split in two columns, you can use the Block editor for that, it has blocks for columns, or you can use HTML as explained in the article below

https://guide.weavertheme.com/responsive-columns-and-widgets/

scottmacd
    Participant

yes its not the widget sidebar I want

I want to make the page up in two columns

tried adding the code but no luck

scrambler

I dont see any custom HTML in your page, so not sure what you did.

When adding HTML in a page, you need to use the TEXT mode if using the CLassic editor, and an HTML block if using the Block editor.

You also need to check the page options called “Allow Raw HTML and Scripts”

But if you are not good with HTML, you should be using the new Block editor and using the columns block for that, it would be a lot easier.

I will be away for the next few days, so you will have to work it out until I have some time online 🙂

scottmacd
    Participant

thanks so much for your fast response and help

can you give me a link on how to use the block editor ? thanks

scrambler

Search WordPress Block editor tutorial.

If you are on the latest version of WordPress, the block editor is the new default editor, unless you installed the classic editor plugin.

If you have installed the Classic editor plugin, when you look at the list of all your pages, you should have the option to edit the page using the block editor or the classic editor.

If you choose to edit the page with the block editor, then it will automatically be there in the page editing page and you can create your content by adding blocks and choosing the column block for it.

Private Reply

scottmacd
    Participant

scrambler

I am not sure what your question is.

The site page you linked to is using two columns, your reference site has a 6 columns section followed by a 3 column one.

It also depends what the content is, as if it is posts that you want in columns, it is a different method than using blocks

Private Reply

scottmacd
    Participant

scrambler

Still not getting it or I am not seeing what you are.

For me the content area is divided in each column that sit within, and the content in them is contained

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.