Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Updating Weaver Xtreme theme blanks out my home screen with javascript error

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    r1bryan
    Participant

By updating to the newest Weaver Xtreme theme 4.4.2 my website home page is now blank.  The top menu bar is covered over by my admin bar.  I have not updated from 5.5.3 to the newest wordpress version yet.   Most of my home page is dependent on the plugin Smart Slider Pro which provides a gallery and on screen menu picks which are now gone.  Anyone else have a serious issue with the latest version of Weaver Xtreme?

My website located at:   https://www.sopacameraclub.com/

scrambler

WP 5.6 is breaking a number of javascript related things. @weaver tried to fix one of them with 4.4.2, which is probably what is causing the issue, so he will have to have a second look.

r1bryan
    Participant

Reverted back to 4.4.1 – my website back to normal again.  Thanks for the quick response.

Weaver
    Keymaster

Nothing regarding your issue is fixed.

Just to try to understand the issue – with Weaver 4.4.2, did the WordPress black Admin Bar at the top cover your Menu Bar?

How do you have the menu bar setup? I is a menu bar at the top that is set to Fixed to Top?

What about the footer? It doesn’t seem to be working correctly. How do you have it set?

Are you hiding the complete header?

r1bryan
    Participant

Reverting back to version 4.4.1 fixed my blank home page which is mostly controlled by Smart Slider Pro, so must be some kind of conflict there.  Also top fixed menu visible again (not under the admin menu) when I revert back to 4.4.1.  Dont know about footer issue. Using WordPress 5.5.3.

scrambler

@r1bryan

Can you try 4.4.2.1

Weaver
    Keymaster

Note that @r1bryan said they had not updated to WP 5.6 yet.

I did find a JavaScript error in my fix for fix to top that would likely still break on  pre-WP 5.6, and the 4.4.2.1 should fix that.

I just found another JavaScript bug that seems to reflect a change in version semantics that affects the full page height option. I’ll wait aonther day or two before releasing 4.4.2.2 or 4.4.3.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.