Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Update has broken my website

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    travincult
    Participant

The update a few minutes ago has broken my website – both desktop and mobile versions.

Desktop website has now been pulled to the left – and mobile version is much narrower than before – and I cannot activate the menu. I would really like your help on this.

Thank you.

Take a look here: https://travelinculture.com

scrambler

In my browser the site is centered with a width of 830px as set in the options

The reason the submenu do not work is because there is a 20px top Margin on the sub menu that creates a gap between the menu and sub menu and therefore a discontinuity on the hover.

I don’t know if the top margin comes from a plugin or Custom CSS rule, but the rule in question is

@media only screen and (min-width: 1202px) {
    #mega-menu-wrap-primary #mega-menu-primary > li.mega-menu-flyout > ul.mega-sub-menu {
    margin-top: 20px; 
    box-shadow: 0px 4px 16px 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.11);
    }
    }

If I remove the top margin it works fine

If I reduce the browser size to mobile view the site is full width, so I do not see any reduce size there.

Just to make sure all options are working, go to Appearance > Xtreme Admin > Main Options, and click save setting to refresh everything

travincult
    Participant

I have done so, but it unfortunately it does not solve the problems.

My full-width headers are no longer full-width (logo, menu and top image). It is all ‘cut off’ on desktop. And in my browser it is all left-aligned.

Moreover, all my buttons (using the plugin MaxButtons) are broken – and I have A LOT of buttons on my pages. Also a lot of my custom CSS code has been disabled. I have custom headers on all my pages with custom classes enabled – they don’t work any longer.

On mobile I cannot activate the menu at all (I use the plugin Max Mega Menu) – and the pages seem to have ‘shrunk’ and moved down.

Right now it is a quite a disaster for my website. If there is no quick fix for this, can I roll back to the previous version of Weaver Xtreme? (and where to find it)?

scrambler

The Sub menu now works

The reason the “header” image does expand wide is because you have a CSS rule on the body that limits the width to 700px

body {
    background: #fff;
    border: 1px solid #ccd0d4;
    color: #444;
    font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, “Segoe UI”, Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, “Helvetica Neue”, sans-serif;
    margin: 2em auto;
    padding: 1em 2em;
    max-width: 700px;
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, .04);
    box-shadow: 0 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, .04);
    }

If I remove the max-width it expands fine.

If the 700px width is actually wanted, then what prevents the header to expand is the overflow rule below

html,body
    {
    width: 100%;
    margin: 0px;
    padding: 0px;
    overflow-x: hidden;
    }

It would have to be set to visible to let the header expand.

For the mobile menu, It looks like your menu is done by a plugin, so I can’t see why it is not opening on mobile, you need to ask the plugin developer what may be going on here.

For the buttons, I am not sure which one you mean, but I tried the facebook and pinterest and they work

I also tried Asia, South America … in the content, and they work for me.

If you are using a cache plugin, I would recommend clearing all your caches (plugin and browser), and try a different browser, as you seem to have problems I do not.

Weaver
    Keymaster

It is possible to go back. There is a special version posted as described in the current Top of the Forum post that allows you to easily switch back and forth.

I also don’t see any obvious issues with your site now, so I would suspect a caching issue. That can be one of the most frustrating debugging problems ever, especially if you’re using Cloudflare or similar.

scrambler

I also see an error in the browser console that says

“Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 ()”

Could be related to the plugin mobile menu not working, again you should speak with the plugin developer.

travincult
    Participant

I finally managed to get my website back to normal (after a lot of work identifying the real problem). It was all due to my child theme not being updated with the the V5 code. When I compared the footer.php in my child theme to othe footer.php in Weaver Xtreme V5, I realised I had to delete the following piece of code in my child theme footer.php:

if ( weaverx_getopt_expand( ‘expand_site-ig-wrap’ ) ) {…

echo ” . “\n”;It had nothing to do with plugins needing to be changed or changing the 700px width (which I actually don’t know where came from. I too saw it in an error message in Developer Tools, but it doesn’t exist in my current CSS stylesheet – and after I have solved the issue it is not any longer to be found in the Developer Tolls…?!?) or anything of the kind. It was seemingly just a matter of updating the child theme as well. Its incredible that it happened to break so much on my website (5 plugins – buttons, font sizes, sticky menus, menu functionality, changed margins, div spacing and more)…

So – lessons learned from this – check if child theme needs to be updated too after an upgrade (at least after a major upgrade).

scrambler

Thanks for reporting, We should have thought of the child theme, although I am not sure how that explain the CSS I saw on the site and that appears to be gone now….

@weaver, would it be possible for you to come up with a list of files that should definitely be checked / updated in a child theme based on what is new in V5?

travincult
    Participant

Yes, it was very strange that the ‘error CSS’ appeared on the site (and there were really many CSS rules here) – but in the Developer Tools it also said that it was error code. I have absolutely no idea where it came from – and I’m sure that there were CSS rules in it that I never have used on my site (eg. some font-families I didn’t even know of). Apparently it was because of this error CSS that a 500 Internal Server Error was produced causing most of my plugins to stop working properly. At the very moment I deleted the old code in the child theme footer.php – all this error CSS was gone – and my website worked completely normally again.

scrambler

Also make sure you are not using Optimization plugin that optimize CSS and JS, these will break the theme that already optimizes its CSS and JS

travincult
    Participant

I am not. Thanks for the info!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.