Home Forums Weaver Xtreme Theme Unhide Post Titles on Author Page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    tlemanski
    Participant

I believe I created this problem in attempting to hide titles at the top of post pages.  But can’t find a way to un-do.   And searching for unhide post titles brings no results.

This Author Archives page is missing post titles for every post.  Can anyone help me get them back?

scrambler

I cant think of any way using weaver to globally turn off post title on an archive page.
    The only way to do it would be individually on each post editing page using the hide post title option.

You may want to deactivate ALL non weaver to see if that solves the issue, and if it does, reactivate one by one to find the culprit.

tlemanski
    Participant

Thanks scrambler for your quick response.  The cause doesn’t seem to be a plugin.

I did find that most older posts were HTTP vs HTTPS.  Fixed that.  Still no success.

There is only one author.  I think as a workaround, I will swap out the link on the post page header which I created in Elementor.

scrambler

If you create a new test page and select the page with posts template for it to make it a blog page, does that page show the posts excerpts with their title?

Weaver
    Keymaster

One could hide the title with a CSS rule using the .author class on the <body>, but the title would just be hidden. The title is not even there in the output HTML

There exist two ways to hide the post title when it is displayed: Setting the per post option hide post title, or there is a hide title option in the Weaver Show Posts plugin, but if that is the cause, I don’t know how that setting got used. And the title shows when just the post is displayed.

It would require setting the hide post title on every single post per page option to have the post title not generated.

So unless you are using a child theme where you edited some code, I just don’t know how this could be happening.

If you haven’t done any of these things, I could possibly look directly at your site from an admin account. Email weaver@weavertheme.com directly if that seems to be a necessary possibility.

tlemanski
    Participant

Now I see what has happened.  I am not using a Child Theme.  I simply changed settings in the basic Xtreme install.

The site owner insists on having his site icon appear next to the post title for each post.  So I created a custom header in Elementor to do so.  But then there was a redundant post title that appeared below.  I worked to eliminate it.

I attempted to add CSS code to the Global CSS box in customizer:

.entry-title {
    display: none;
    }

But  the code had no effect.

So to hide the Post Title for each post, I checked the Hide Post Title box in the Weaver Xtreme section of the Edit Post pages.

I unchecked the Hide Post Title box, for the most recent post and the title for that specific post reappears on the Author Archive Page.

The unexpected result of checking the Hide Title box on the post edit page is that the Titles do not appear on the Author Page when the box is checked.

tlemanski
    Participant

I have not used a child theme.   I did NOT have the Weaver Show Posts plugin installed until just now.  So I’m just trying to determine how to use it as an alternative to hiding post title checkbox

tlemanski
    Participant

Here is the newly created page with posts https://thinkheartstrategy.com/test-page-with-posts.html

Currently the one post title that appears is the first where I Unchecked the Hide Post Title box in on the Post Edit Page.

The News page content was created using the Elementor Posts Widget.  It shows all page titles.

scrambler

I am not sure if there is a question here, but the hide post title in the post editing page is a weaver option that is meant to hide the post title everywhere the post is displayed.

The fact that it does not seem to apply to posts displayed by Elementor is not surprising as they may be doing their own thing to display posts

tlemanski
    Participant

Thanks!

My remaining question (having learned what I have):

With the all check boxes for Hide post title unchecked for each post.  what are my other options for hiding post titles that would then appear on the top of posts?

…given that the CSS code I used didn’t work.

scrambler

If you wan to hide the post titles only on certain blog pages, we can do that with CSS.

We need a link to the blog pages in question to give you the exact one

Weaver
    Keymaster

Ah – I may have this one figured out.

Did you generate the pages that have the missing titles using the Custom Menu interface to add a Category from the menu Category choice?

If so, there seems to be a very long standing bug in how Weaver Xtreme is generating that content. Working on that now.

tlemanski
    Participant

To clarify.   I do not want the post titles to appear on the posts themselves.  So the Hide Post Title option is checked on each post edit page.  I did want post titles to appear on the archives pages.  Note the past tense.

With page titles turned off for each individual post via Weaver X, the titles are also hidden on both the Author Archives page and on a Standard Page with Posts. This WAS the issue since resolved with workarounds.  When the hide title check box is unchecked, the title reappears on both the post and the archives page.

To Answer your question: All posts on the site were created using a different theme CoBlocks.  There is also a C0Blocks plugin (a Gutenburg enhancement)  which I have learned needs to stay active to preserve some of the formatting even with the theme disabled.

This started when the site owner was unhappy with the way his archives appeared and asked for my help.  I switched to Weaver Xtreme to gain control of look and address several of their needs.

I have resolved all post listing issues with the owner via workarounds:

• Elementor’s post widget serves our needs for generating an archives page
    • I have eliminated links to the Author Archive page.   Instead, we link to the aforementioned elementor archive page.

Since my client is happy with the workarounds, I no longer need your assistance.  But I’m happy to support the efforts to resolve the issue for others.

Thanks for all your follow up and efforts.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.