Home Forums Archived Forums Weaver II Theme Weaver II Pro Unable to login after cloning site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    katy1983
    Participant

I’m trying to clone my site so I can migrate to Weaver Xtreme but after following the instructions and using the all in one WP migration plug in, I got to the permalinks part but when I clicked the link it took me to the WP login page and I was unable to log in. On searching the all in one WP migration plugin support page I’ve been advised to check with the theme provider to ensure that your license allows you to use their product on more than one WordPress install? I’m wondering if this is why I cannot log in?

Weaver
    Keymaster

Our license code would not cause any issue like that.

I don’t think it is that long or hard to try the migration process again. It has worked for me reliably migrate full Weaver Xtreme based sites to a new url or subdomain.

katy1983
    Participant

Hi Weaver,

I would try the process again but I cannot access the site to download the file. Do you know how I’d be able to login to try the process again?

Weaver
    Keymaster

Have you tried to access your site using the direct login page: example.com/wp-login.php? I’ve never really heard of not being able to access a site unless it has really been corrupted by bad files or bad data in the data base.

You can try to access the site from your host control panel (commonly called cPanel). There are various ways to force a fresh install.

You can delete all the entries in the database for JUST THAT SITE using phpMyAdmin and then deleting wp-config.php from the site’s root directory. That would cause a fresh WP install.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘ Weaver II Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.